MAC Coco Pigment [DISCONTINUED]

MAC Coco Pigment [DISCONTINUED]
MAC'S Melon, Coco, and Vanilla PigmentsMAC's Coco pigment

4.7

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This is absolutely, undeniably, the best eyeshadow MAC has ever produced and I have no idea why its taken me so long to do a review on this perfect pigment. Over time I grew tired of MAC pigments. Most have too much glitter or are too time consuming for busy work days.
I recently pulled this out of my stash to experiment with some looks and I'm still amazed at how easy and versatile this shade is and I cant believe I neglected my precious Coco for so long. Its a gorgeous shimmery cocoa taupe. It doesnt have any red or yellow undertones making it, IMO, the perfect shade of taupe for fair/medium skin. I recently used this all over the lid, blending just a bit above my crease with a 217. I also smudged a little on my lower lash line with a 219 and followed with a thin line of BB gel liner in chocolate shimmer. The results were amazing. At 38 I cannot do glittery metallic eyeshadows like UD. They're aging and just look off on my eyelids. But the look I get with Coco is smooth bright and sophisticated. I love neutrals and Coco even beats my Armani, Dior, and Chanel eyeshadows hands down.
I wish MAC would bring this back so others that missed out on this LE pigment could experience its beauty, but unfortunately MAC seems to neglect the true winners while continuing to reproduce the same old shades in comical new packaging. *sigh*
And like the reviewer below me, if a natural disaster were to strike I would fight for the survival of my my Coco pigment.

OK. So basically, this is my holy grail of holy grails. The apple of my eye. The Eve to my Adam, and the saving grace to my makeup stash. Why, you ask? Well, I reply with a knowing, wry smile, it eliminates the need to find a daily neutral eyeshadow for fair-skinned lasses, for one. It's easier to apply than such, as you can literally just use your finger to apply it all over your eyelid and it stays put, for two. Just smudge it on over a base like TFSI and you're good to go. And, thirdly, this is the only eyeshadow/pigment I've ever owned that I've literally looked into the mirror and thought to myself, "This makes my eyelids look like Happy." Yep, Happy. I remember the day that this thought first occurred to me--I was all made up and taking cheeky vanity shots with my crappy webcam and, although most of the finer details were lost in translation due to the grainy pixelation, I couldn't help but notice that my be-Coco'd eyelids still shone through, metallic, shimmering, and stunning. And not metallic in a crappy drugstore kind of way--in a very luxurious, smooth, high-end way, if that makes sense. So I figured, if this stuff can still translate well through the crappiest of crap webcams, I probably need it for life. Not only that, but the color is INCREDIBLE. It is the perfect neutral eyeshadow color for medium-to-fair-skinned folks. I am a ghost--you can practically see my internal organs by January, I'm so pale. I'm like an NW1. Coco looks absolutely smashing on pale ladies. It is perfect for creating that healthy, polished glow (without looking "made up") about the eyes. It's a very neutral, cool, medium taupe with very slight greyish/plummy undertones, and it has this GORGEOUS, fluid shimmer that I have never seen in any other MAC pigment--and trust me, I've got them all. Nothing beats the seductive sheen of Coco. I managed to score an OJ of this for under $20 this year--I almost died, I was so happy, as this stuff goes for about $50-$60 right now. If I ever become a homeless woman living out of a shoebox on the street, yeah, I will have this pigment. I will not ever sell it for crack. No ma'am. Not that I do or ever intend to do crack. But, you know, hypothetically. If there was ever a fire in my apartment, I'd grab my sketchbooks, my cats and my Coco pigment. If WWIII happens and I have to hightail it out of the country, I will bring my Coco pigment. And in the event of a nuclear winter, you're goddamn right I will have my Coco pigment. It is just THAT good, and one of the only possessions I will never, ever be without. In fact, I kind of want a backup OJ for the OJ I already have. Is that wrong? Is that too gluttonous? I don't care. I'm a believer.

on 6/25/2010 2:03:00 PM

I bought this the minute I saw it...it's an amazing cool metallic taupe. I love cool browns with no red/orange undertones. Even though I have this almost full-jar, I find myself buying an other MAC shadow that looks the same incase they discontinue it and I can't find that one anymore either...This is my favorite MAC pigment other than Kitchmas~

on 4/10/2010 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this color. It is similar to Satin Taupe ES. I use this for a smoky eye look or if I just want a little color for the day. As usual MAC discontinues the best color pigments. I would repurchase but I still have a full container and I bought this almost 3 years ago.

on 7/9/2009 1:29:00 PM

I hate MAC for discontinuing awesome pigments like this.

I'm glad I bought a jar of it when it came out. It's a lovely shade of taupe that goes on metallic when wet. It's good for those days when you want to line and shadow with the same color. Easy peasy. This will make all eye colors pop.

on 5/16/2009 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I only have a sample of this and would do practically ANYTHING for the full size of this pigment. It is a gorgeous taupe brown with no orange undertones. It can be used with more neutral shades for a professional work look or vamped up with dark brown, black and as I do placed underneath reflects antique gold for a sexy smokey eye. I don't say this lightly but this is not only the best pigment Mac has released but the best colour Mac has released. I hope that they re-release this and I will be the first in the queue if they do. I could wear this everyday and never get bored, HG for sure.

on 5/1/2009 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I sense this product is discontinued since I haven't seen it on MAC's website for quite sometime. I bought this a few years back and it's still full, but I was looking for another one just to have. I love this color, looks great on all skin tones, versatile, and great for everyday use. You can play it up or tone it down. However you choose to apply it is really up to you. Too bad it's not around anymore!

I am reallllllly sad I jumped on the Coco bandwagon so late.. I absolutely love this color and can wear it every single day. It looks great on fair and dark skin tones, and goes well with greens and blues. If anyone knows where to find this, please share!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Coco is one of my go-to eye colors, an absolute never-fail HG. This is the shade safe enough for a job interview but still elegant enough for a formal occasion. For the record, I am pale and like tones without red/orange, so Coco is perfect. Blendable, cool taupey-brown that works beautifully with a huge range of other shades. If I had to go for the rest of my life with just two shades of e/s, I would take MAC Coco and Violet pigments. Love, love, love it!

I hate silver and I don't see the silver in this at all. It's a great brown, shimmery and perfect for smoky eyes. It's definitely one of my favourite browns for a night out (or even for every day!)

However because this is LE, I will never pay for it (not because it isn't available.. but because it's so expensive!!!). I have a sample and that's good enough for me!