MAC Provence Pigment

3.8

For anyone who ever wondered what the big deal is about Naked pigment, this is probably for you. On the right skintone, this color completely melts into nothingness, but in the good way. As I've become older, my eyes have become darker - this color erases those red and blue tones starting to push through my skin. It creates a beautiful blank canvas on which to apply the rest of my eye makeup. If you use foundation or concealer as an eye primer, this is even better than powder to set your primer. This color is also fantastic if you need to clean up the edges of your eye makeup. I will sweep this color across my browbone, around the edges of my eyeliner and into the tearduct to blend out and clean my eye makeup. I know there is glitter in there, but it really doesn't show up on my skintone. If you have a skintone like mine, then you must run for this pigment!! It's probably the only one I will ever use a whole jar of.

this color is not intense, pigmented or BAM! but it is very pretty for every day. i pair with a base/primer, mascara, and a touch of eyeliner at the most. lightens eyelids thereby brightening eyes.. subtle and pretty, wears well. i love how neutral it is while still having gold tones

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love love love! This is my everyday colour which I apply with my ecotools eyeshading brush, then I add a little Vanilla highlighter on my brow bone, and bobbi brown bronze shimmer eyeliner, and voila - a gorgeous, natural but shimmery look. I don't think I'd reach for this for an evening look as it's too neutral, but it really is perfect for me for everyday casual or work use.

Provence is a yellowish beige color that is too chalky and matte for me (NC-45). I used it as a highlighter, but I prefer more color and shimmer, and it applies kind of patchy (is that a word). It looks just like Naked pigment in the sample jar so much that I could not tell the difference. I even thought I had been duped and given one color instead of two, but I prefer Naked a lot more over this one.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I dont like this. I tried naked and it applied way easier. It is not pigmented as Id expect from MAC pigment to be. I dont find it glittery. Just very sheer and boring.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

~ I personally do not like this pigment as a highlight over my brown bone or as an eyeshadow in general- I do however like mixing it with my daily moisturizer to give me a glow :) I'm currently looking for an illuminating moisturizer, and for the moment mixing the sample I got of this with my Nivea creme is good enough for me =D as an eyeshadow, I find this to chalky.......but I still do love it for other purposes, this is why pigments are such a great product, they are versatile ;)

Its not bad at all...you just have to know a way how to use it...usually with fix plus or using it with a good sponge applicator (sprayed with fix plus) is going to give u lotsa colour...love it...could b used as a highlight on ur face as well.....

This pigment is too glittery, IMO. Don't get me wrong, I'm all about shimmer and sparkly things and I hardly ever use any makeup that is matte. I'm just use to very FINE shimmers/sheen's. The glitter in this was just a little too big and sparkly. I'm PPP but it still didn't show up that well on me either... I'd wish the nude-ish flesh color would had been more cream-y colored so it would've shown up better. The color doesn't seem to build up well, it just gets more sparkly. Overall I wouldn't recommend.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

The color melted into my skin perfectly. In the jar it didnt look like my other pigments, it was fluffy so to speak, kinda cool.

I got this in a swap and am really enjoying it. It sat for a few weeks because I really didn't know how I wanted to use it (base, highlight, all over...) I had applied a little too much of a dark brown to my crease and didn't want to start all over again so I thought I'd give this a try to lighten everything up. It worked amazing! The color is sheer and matte enough that it didn't overpower the rest of my eye shadow, it just softened and lightened everything up a bit. I love that the base color is matte and it has the fine glitter mixed in. When used as a base or all over lid color it has a beautiful sparkle when the light catches the glitter. It's not a frost or a shimmer...I really wouldn't know what to classify the texture as. The glitter is also not so chunky that it looks disco or over the top. Great for a nude eye with a little hint of flash! I will definitely be looking for a replacement to this when I get close to running out!