Maybelline Shiny-Licious in Coral Punch

Price: $

Price: $

on 12/19/2008 12:02:00 AM

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I like the color of this lippie in the package, but it looked orange on my lips. I like the little squeeze tube, but the applicator gets a little gross after awhile :(. I don't know, it is okay I guess, but I would not purchase this again. For reference I am NW20 MAC's Studio Fix Powder.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I got this on clearance at the grocery store. Apparently Maybelline changed the packaging on these (Coral Punch is still in the shade lineup, though) so I got the "old" packaging, with the unhygienic fuzzy applicator tip, for 99 cents. I don't like the fuzzy tip and I'm glad the new version has a plastic slant tip a la Juicy Tubes. I digress. The actual product is lovely; don't be scared by the bright peach-orange appearance in the tube. This shade is so sheer that it simply brightens my lips and makes them look rosier. A very flattering effect for a warm-toned PPP. Average lasting power for a gloss, but the shine is very flashy and glassy, which I love!

I did take off one lippie because (a) the pigment and clear gloss base tend to separate in the tube, so that the first squeeze of gloss is clear and you have to waste some to get to the pigment; and (b) it has a vaguely fruity scent ruined by a plasticky chemical undertone. But, not enough to deter me from slapping this on my lips and looking summer-fresh!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I considered buying the product when I saw it in the June 2007 issue of Seveteen Magazine. (on pg. 129 if any of you guys happen to have it)

I'm kind of inbetween beige and golden skin. My lips are a little pigmented.

I'm really impressed with this color. I was kind of hesitant in buying it at first because I didn't think the orangy color would suit me. When I put it on, it kind of made my lips a slightly pinkish color. It did look coral. Not orange, or a bright pink. You can't even feel the glitter! It feels so smooth on my lips. I actually use it to moisturize my lips when I don't have my lip balm on hand.

It's not my HG, but I'd buy it again.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I have an unnatural fear of coral and I can't wear peach lipcolors but I wanted a warm-toned gloss that didn't wash me out or look orange, as many of them do. I found it in this gem, whoohoo! I like most Shiny-licious glosses in general, and this one is no exception. Gives a nice subtle wash of color and shine without screaming "I have coral lipgloss on!" Not sticky and lasts long enough for my needs, plus it seems to moisturize my lips, nice.. It's not your grandma's old coral lipcolor of yesteryear... you know the one. Definitely worth a try if you're in the market for a coral gloss.

If your expecting color then don't buy this.. It was ok but just like any other gloss. Has the same texture of some bonnebell glosses which are cheaper. It isn't sticky at all and almost too moist. Not that I like sticky but this stuff kinda falls off my lips.... Smell is ok but this is nothin to write home about. I like Rimmel jelly glosses smells and textures better and they stay on longer.

on 3/11/2007 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love the Shiny-Licious gloss line. This is a great coral shade that adds a punch of color (pardon the pun) without looking over the top. This and the Melon Ball shade are my favorites. These are great everyday glosses and I would recommend them to anyone.

on 2/25/2007 7:23:00 PM

Oh how I love this! Such a sheer, warm and juicy coral pink with the perfect amount of micro-glitter. Like most other shiny-licious glosses, it lasts longer than most d/s glosses, is relatively not as sticky as say, Lancome' juicy tubes yet has a very nice glassy finish. Most importantly, doesn't leave that crappy white stuff around your mouth when it wears off! I didn't like the entire "flocked" tip thing that these glosses had going on until now - it helps to define my lips so there's no need for lip liner! As far as scent goes, coral punch wins hands down among all the other shiny-licious glosses - sort of like fruit punch, but with a spicy twist- I can't really describe it :) I love wearing this on casual days with a touch of mascara - can't wait to see how this will look with a tan :) And for a price of only 4.99 I will repurchase over and over.

on 7/6/2005 12:04:00 PM

Surprisingly nice. Not a fan of the packaging (I hate these combo. sponge tip/slant tip applicators--they seem unhygenic for some reason), but the gloss is rather nice. "Coral Punch" is a bright, medium coral-pink with a tiny bit of shimmer and a good amount of shine. Brightens up my (PPP-MMM/GGG) face and is a great summer color. Good pigmentation. Has a slight minty tingle/scent that I like and no taste. Texture is like creamy gel, if that makes sense. Not sticky. Decent lasting power. Cheap. What's not to like?

ETA: Just figured out that this looks exactly the same on me as my Bloom l/g in Melon. Whoo-hoo!

on 5/20/2005 3:13:00 PM

I love this gloss, I'm stocking up because it's LE. The color is very unique, I usually can't wear warm lip colors that well but this was so beautiful I had to pick one up. I'd describe the color as a sheer yet noticable warm coral with alot of pink in it and gold shimmer. The slanted foam applicator tip makes applying really easy, and I love the refreshing minty scent.