Maybelline New York Shiny-Licious in Coral Punch

Price: $

Price: $

on 12/19/2008 12:02:00 AM

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I like the color of this lippie in the package, but it looked orange on my lips. I like the little squeeze tube, but the applicator gets a little gross after awhile :(. I don't know, it is okay I guess, but I would not purchase this again. For reference I am NW20 MAC's Studio Fix Powder.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Perfect creamy coral shade for redheads! Absolutely divine color with subtle sparkle and the smell is just DELICIOUS (smells like fruit punch) Love it!

on 6/17/2008 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Im not a big lipgloss fan and i never can get past the gooey texture especially the mac ones i own. I was looking for a cheaper alternative coral/orange lipgloss and luckily this particular shade caught my eye. It was half off at a duane reade pharamcys for $2.95! I have very pigmented lips and usually have to pat on concealer as a base. Well i tried this..and not only did it give a subtle hint of corally color but it did a fantastic job of moisturizing. i was never a big fan of maybelline products, but this handsdown is my new HG!

If your expecting color then don't buy this.. It was ok but just like any other gloss. Has the same texture of some bonnebell glosses which are cheaper. It isn't sticky at all and almost too moist. Not that I like sticky but this stuff kinda falls off my lips.... Smell is ok but this is nothin to write home about. I like Rimmel jelly glosses smells and textures better and they stay on longer.

on 7/6/2005 12:04:00 PM

Surprisingly nice. Not a fan of the packaging (I hate these combo. sponge tip/slant tip applicators--they seem unhygenic for some reason), but the gloss is rather nice. "Coral Punch" is a bright, medium coral-pink with a tiny bit of shimmer and a good amount of shine. Brightens up my (PPP-MMM/GGG) face and is a great summer color. Good pigmentation. Has a slight minty tingle/scent that I like and no taste. Texture is like creamy gel, if that makes sense. Not sticky. Decent lasting power. Cheap. What's not to like?

ETA: Just figured out that this looks exactly the same on me as my Bloom l/g in Melon. Whoo-hoo!

I think this is a limited edition color but not sure yet. It looks like a cross between cherry berry and melon ball with faint gold shimmer in it. The texture of this gloss is a bit thinner than the original shiny-licious glosses and the sparkles actually show up a bit, the color is also very sheer but pigmented enough to be noticed. I don't like the scent though, I think it's trying to be some kind of punch but it smells plasticky. However, if I ran out of this, I would buy again.