Maybelline New York Shiny-Licious in Coral Punch

Price: $

Price: $

on 10/22/2009 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Being a very cool toned fair skinned gal, I usually stay away from corals, but this gloss is very sheer and comes out peachy pink on me. Its subtle color and gloss make for a very pretty natural lip look. It smells great, also, very fruity, and I detect a faintly sweet taste.

These are very comparable to CG's Fruit Spritzers, but I actually like these better. They smell better and seem to provide a tad more pigment in their color.

My only beef with it is that the staying power is zilch, but that's pretty common for a gloss like this. For the buck I paid for it at the Dollar Tree, I can afford to slop this on 80 times a day. ^_^

on 8/25/2009 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I thought coral is supposed to look good on everybody :-p not on a cool-toned ppp like me *shrug*

on 12/19/2008 12:02:00 AM

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I like the color of this lippie in the package, but it looked orange on my lips. I like the little squeeze tube, but the applicator gets a little gross after awhile :(. I don't know, it is okay I guess, but I would not purchase this again. For reference I am NW20 MAC's Studio Fix Powder.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Perfect creamy coral shade for redheads! Absolutely divine color with subtle sparkle and the smell is just DELICIOUS (smells like fruit punch) Love it!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I got this on clearance at the grocery store. Apparently Maybelline changed the packaging on these (Coral Punch is still in the shade lineup, though) so I got the "old" packaging, with the unhygienic fuzzy applicator tip, for 99 cents. I don't like the fuzzy tip and I'm glad the new version has a plastic slant tip a la Juicy Tubes. I digress. The actual product is lovely; don't be scared by the bright peach-orange appearance in the tube. This shade is so sheer that it simply brightens my lips and makes them look rosier. A very flattering effect for a warm-toned PPP. Average lasting power for a gloss, but the shine is very flashy and glassy, which I love!

I did take off one lippie because (a) the pigment and clear gloss base tend to separate in the tube, so that the first squeeze of gloss is clear and you have to waste some to get to the pigment; and (b) it has a vaguely fruity scent ruined by a plasticky chemical undertone. But, not enough to deter me from slapping this on my lips and looking summer-fresh!