Maybelline Shiny-Licious in Coral Punch

1 review

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I got this on clearance at the grocery store. Apparently Maybelline changed the packaging on these (Coral Punch is still in the shade lineup, though) so I got the "old" packaging, with the unhygienic fuzzy applicator tip, for 99 cents. I don't like the fuzzy tip and I'm glad the new version has a plastic slant tip a la Juicy Tubes. I digress. The actual product is lovely; don't be scared by the bright peach-orange appearance in the tube. This shade is so sheer that it simply brightens my lips and makes them look rosier. A very flattering effect for a warm-toned PPP. Average lasting power for a gloss, but the shine is very flashy and glassy, which I love!

I did take off one lippie because (a) the pigment and clear gloss base tend to separate in the tube, so that the first squeeze of gloss is clear and you have to waste some to get to the pigment; and (b) it has a vaguely fruity scent ruined by a plasticky chemical undertone. But, not enough to deter me from slapping this on my lips and looking summer-fresh!