E.L.F. Total Face Brush

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/4/2016 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Use it to blend my overall makeup and apply powder.
I didn't find the bristle scratchy.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I might as well have been rubbing sand paper all over my face. If you want inexpensive and good, elf has their Studio line and the brushes cost a little bit more than these, but they are 1000x better.

To Read all 390 Reviews, Login or Join

Grade F-. When I first purchased this brush it was okay, literally just okay. The bristles are not dense, but are very pokey and rough against the skin. Even if you do not have sensitive skin it will itch at your face. I could live with that, I am on a budget and am still learning my techniques so I am not about to spend $100 on a brush set.

Then I washed it, luke warm water and Johnson's Baby Shampoo, rinsed it till the water no longer suddsed for several minutes. But after washing the brush it developed a chemical smell that was a cross between sulfur and sewage. I washed it again, same thing. The brush now has a permanent home in the trash.

Pros: Price
Packaging

Cons: Scratchy, pokey
Not dense enough
Not soft
Smells after wash
Blends, but not evenly.

on 12/13/2015 10:47:00 PM

Sucky suck sucks. If you're going to buy ELF brushes go with the studio line not these even if you see them at the dollar store not worth it- spending a couple extra bucks in this case makes all the difference! Black handled ELF brushes-never the white ones. Even if you do like this brush...it will fall apart

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is literally the worst makeup brush from Elf so far for me. The bristles remind me of the free Ulta or Estée Lauder ones you get with purchase that aren't dense and the bristles are so coarse that it is useless for any kind of makeup application. I only keep it in my kit to keep my toddler busy when I apply makeup. I've been trying to use this for quite some time after getting it from the dollar store and I can't find any other use for it. You're better off getting Teal Techniques when it's on sale.

I like the volume of this brush but it feels really rough and my makeup application feels uneven when I use it. Too bad because the price is nice ;)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I use this to apply bronzer and finishing powder. its not a terrible brush or anything but if you're not careful it can feel very rough. does a nice job of latching onto products, if yah know what I mean. good price, can't complain.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I love this brush

on 7/30/2015 10:02:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

So bad in every way.

on 2/22/2015 5:43:00 PM

This brush is bad!! Very bad! It's cheap, but it's so harsh on the skin. It's a bit like applying powder with a grater! When I washed this brush, it lost a lot of hair - and the brush smelled bad! I wouldn't recommend it!

Popular Makeup Brushes