MAC Pixel Paint

No Image

4.5

on 4/30/2009 5:43:00 PM

I got this brand new from a lovely mua'er on here but i think its dc'd. I use this when i go out. a little bit goes a long way. i can cover my whole lid with one application. i apply it with my dc'd 236 shader brush.

on 4/12/2009 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Pixel is a standard in my stash. It's a very metallic silver that serves as a great base for Electra, Silver Fog or Silver metal pigments. It's smooth, blends great and lasts forever! The only thing you have to be careful of is going overboard with it. It's very shimmery and if applied too heavy is a little garish and flashy .. but with a light hand, this paint is stunning!

on 2/21/2009 9:56:00 AM

Pixel is very shimmery paint like product. It is a silver metallic color, yet has a slightly warm undertone that makes me love it. I usually don't wear it as a full on eyeshadow, but instead I put it in the inner corner of my eye in order to highlight it and make it appear bigger.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

DDD NW45 or HIP818.....Pixel is a light silver frost with a metallic sheen. Makes a pretty sparkly lid color. Usually pair with black, dark brown, deep charcoal, or cool-brown like MAC 'Culpepper'.. Also use Iman Clay bronzer, or a nude shimmer bronzer, over lids as an eye wash. Balances out light color on my dark brown skin. And little goes long way. Over an e/s base keeps e/s from creasing. EOTD(church): BlackOpal blush duo Brown Suger from brow to crease, MAC Frost White on lid, NYX Deep Charcoal in crease/outer-V/liner, Caboodles black multicolored glitter e/l, and lots of CoverGirl 'Volume Exact' mascara. Similar color in BenNye Fantasy Color Wheel for $3. So no repurchase. continued >>

on 2/28/2006 2:09:00 PM

I don't know how long I've had this, but I apply it everyday as a base to my e/s's and my god, do you get your money's worth with these. I haven't even come close to making a dent yet. The phrase, a lil dab a do ya, well that applies to this. This is a true metallic silver. Not too dark, not too light and it really holds eye shadows in place all day. What I like most about this silver is that it changes some eye shadow colors in a good way. I've applied mac's moth brown over this and by the end of the day, the moth brown turns such a beautiful shade of purple, never to have been replicated by any eye shadow I've ever seen or tried. I can't say that I'd wear this on it's own but I highly recommend it as a base.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I can't believe I havent reviewed this yet. Pixel is a paint from MAC. Mac.com says this is,

"A high tech, high performance eye shadow product which goes on creamy; dries to a powdery finish. It is ideal for colour-intensive, texture-rich looks that need to last. Made with concentrated pearl pigments in a cream colour formulation, the "transformative" abilities of MAC Paints allow for easy application, blendability, and flexibility of coverage. Its transfer-resistant finish creates a smooth, crease-free, slightly shiny, reflective look to the lid. .23 oz 6.5 g. US$16.00."

Its a shimmery silver shade. Very pigmented and metallic looking. Keeps shadows on all day without creasing! The tube sometimes oozes but these really keep shadow on all day! Love this stuff.

on 7/29/2005 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

"Pixel" is my very first M.A.C. Paint. I wanted very much to like it, and I DO!
I'm wearing it today for the first time, and so far I'm extremely impressed. I put it on my oily unprimed lids 8 hours ago, and it still looks fresh, without a hint of creasing or fading. The color is wonderful: It's a bright shiny metallic sterling silver; there's no glitter but lots of shine. I didn't detect the "yellow" undertones to which another reviewer referred. This just looks silver silver silver to me. However, it does lack the blue or gray tones that silver eyeshadows so often have. "Pixel" *may* have a very very SLIGHT taupe cast to it, just enough to keep it from looking harsh. BUT I still think that lovers of silver eyeshadow will be as thrilled with this as I am.It is what I would call a pure silver, which is exactly what I expected and wanted.
Cool-toned woman(pink-ivory skin, dark brown hair, green eyes) that I am, I am wearing "Pixel" with pink and green shadows, and it looks wonderfully cool and fresh. "I didn't have any trouble with oozing from Pixel's tiny tube, and the product went on my lids smoothly and easily, with no oily or greasy feel. So easily, in fact, that I had to use restraint to keep from putting it on too heavily. Applied lightly, this gives a beautiful shiny ethereal silver wash to the lids. I can see, though, how it could be easily built up for a flashier, more dramatic look.

ASIDE: Strangely, I've found that when I use Pixel as an eyeshadow base, it holds up well, but not quite as well as "Bare Canvas," which I'd expect to be same product, different color.
The tube is very tiny for the price, but I expect this tube to last me for a very long time. When it is empty, though, I expect to re-purchase this. continued >>

Pixel is a beautiful pale silver shimmer. It looks nice as a lid shade paired with greys in the crease, or as a base for cool colours. It also makes a nice highlighter for the browbone when patted on sheerly. And as with all paints, it lasts all day without creasing. I will repurchase.

i love this silvery platnium shade..i use this under all my shadows...not only does it make my eyeshadow last..but brings out the shimmer and glitter in all my shadows

I wanted to love this paint as I love most of MAC's paints, but I found it to be too grainy for my oily eyelids and it didn't have the staying power that their paints do. I bought it to do the smokey look and to accent Electra, which it does. However, it just doesnt go on as smoothly as my other MAC paints.