Aesop parsley seed anti oxidant toner

Aesop parsley seed anti oxidant toner

3.6

on 3/26/2014 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Yes, it is expensive, but it is also an Aesop product which means no parabens, fragrances, silicones! Also, it is completely alcohol free, which is a must for me!

As I have oily skin, this is perfect step for balancing it and helping my moisturizer to sink in and not just stay on top! Is is also very refreshing and smells beautiful! Of course, as the smell is from natural essential oils, it evaporates as soon as you apply the product.

Will definitely repurchase!

on 2/16/2013 9:57:00 AM

I fell for this product upon some samples. The smell is so herbal and natural, it gives the feeling that you are nurturing and feeding your skin with goodness.
It is the most expensive toner I've used, but in summer and humid climates, this will probably be enough as a light hydrater for your skin. It's completely alcohol-free, packed with anti-oxidants and has moisturising properties. I feel though I'm doing my skin good using this toner. I also love the glass bottle packaging as the weight of the glass connotes luxury.
I suppose my only concern is the price tag.. If you see it as a light moisturising fluid, it could be seen as reasonable, but if you see it as a toner (as it is marketed as) it is ridiculously expensive. At 65 AUD for 200ml, it opens up against most higher end skincare brand toners and there are probably cheaper alternatives within this market. I doubt Aesop will perform a price balance on their toners but Aesop toners are unusually expensive compared to their line and would benefit from looking at its competitors. I realise it's part of Aesop's brand philosophy to not promise anything in particular, but at these prices. one would hope it does something miraculous.

Although I love the smell, this is WAY too expensive for a toner. I find that it stings my skin if I put it together with my Avene thermal spray. It also stings my eyelids. It is a good experience, but I won't repurchase due to the hefty price.

on 7/1/2010 4:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This toner works great with the rest of the parsley seed products. I received the Keats skincare package as a gift which came with all the Parsley seed products and have been using this toner in conjunction with the serum every day for more than two months now. Within this time I've seen my skin clear (it is acne prone and gets in certain areas) and my skin tone become more even. Though this toner doesn't work as fast as other brands I've used (maybe because the chemicals aren't as harsh on your skin) I'm glad I was patient with it as I'm actually starting to realise the benefits of more 'natural' products.

on 12/7/2009 10:16:00 AM

I love this. I have combo skin, and I think is too much for only skin. Dry skins would love it!!!

on 7/7/2008 4:45:00 AM

I regret buying this expensive (the most expensive one I've ever bought) toner coz I did not carefully read the ingredient list first. Though this product is called parsley seed anti oxidant toner, but parsley seed is the last ingredient on the list and that is VERY misleading. Well, this toner is not bad in terms of its scent and consistency, but nothing special other than that and such definitely do not justify its expensive price. I think in general Aespo overprice all its products (at least in Hong Kong) and I'm afraid I will not repurchase from this brand.

on 11/3/2007 4:21:00 AM

i really like the smell of aesop's products!! =) i find it a little bit over moisturising for my liking, probably due to my combination skin.. will probably not repurchase..

I find this a bit sticky after applying and quite mosturising too for my oily skin. I think theres no need for an mosturiser...this thing was mosturising enough for me. I must add I live in a hot and humid country. Will not repurchase if I find something just as natural, effective and cheaper then this. The price is just outrageous...not ridicolous as LaMer but still too much

on 5/21/2005 5:02:00 AM

I think that this toner is more for combo/oilier skin types. I have normal to dry skin and find that this can make my skin feel quite tight and uncomfortable after use. It was really expensive (approx 70 AUD for a bottle) and I suppose for that price, I'd expect a bit more performance from it. It smelled rather medicinal and I will finish off the bottle, but will most definitely NOT repurchase this just becuase it doesn't warrant the price trag and there are other toners I think, which are most likely better suited for my skin type.

on 4/25/2005 7:07:00 AM

Tried this once only.

Really effective in completing makeup removal. Alcohol free. Confortable feeling on skin. Contains calming parsley seed, lavender stem and blue chamomile. Here is the ingredient list: Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Water (Aqua), PEG 60 Almond Glycerides, Sodium Lactate, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Distillate, Polysorbate 20, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Sorbitol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Panthenol, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Ormenis Multicaulis (Chamomile) Oil, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Oil, Carum Petroselinum (Parsley) Seed Oil