NYX Powder Blush - Pinky

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/11/2016 1:27:00 AM

I must have forgotten my age! this is just way way way too pink for a NC-20 (chinese tone) skin of a 33 year old! I was so taken by the reviews that i decided to give this a go. Unfortunately, even the lightest swipe of my blush brush just picks up too much pigment and leaves my cheeks looking bright pink! i have to blend blend blend blend blend. I can imagine how this would look good a really really fair chinese / korean teenager though. but sorry, not for me.

i hate wasting products so i am just going to use this with a really really light hand.

well, at least this gives me an excuse to shop for a nice blusher!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Great blush. I wanted something bright but buildable. Goes on sheer and gives a good level of color without being clownish or obvious. I tap it on my brush once a week and that is all I need for the rest of the week! Good find for < $5 I love NYX

To Read all 91 Reviews, Login or Join

It's not a true matte. There are some shimmer inside the pan but it looks matte when applied. Like a satin finish. I love using this as an everyday pop of colour! It makes my cheeks look very beautifully flushed. 😍 Plus they're incredibly pigmented for the price so I use a stippling brush to prevent myself from looking like a clown. I'll probably never hit pan with this one! ;)

on 8/28/2013 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

packaging is plain for a blush. this is incredible. it matches bobbi brown pot rouge in pale pink (which i lost working as a hostess at a restaurant), but it is a powder option. Amazing look for outdoors and in photos, with the pot rouge for the lip along with this, color cheek, you got an amazing summer look. Packaging is just plain. I have just recently started applying blush to my cheekbones. i notice that is where I naturally blush

on 3/11/2013 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm only giving this 3 lippies because my skin tone is quite reddish but pale at the same time (if that makes sense) and this was just far too strong for my face! The reason I gave 3 and not 2 is because NYX blushes are THE BEST blushes in the whole world! Amazing staying power! I will continue to buy them but wouldn't buy this color again.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Pros

- pigmented
- matte
- long wearing

Cons

- hard to find in stores

Comments: Gorgeous shade of bright pink. The pigmentation, blend ability, and staying power are all great. One of my favorites.

Will repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

So far, this is my favorite hot pink blush. I'm NC40 and most blushes in this color range will pull warm red on me. Pinky is true to color and I love that it stays cool toned on my skin. I find Pinky to have very good pigmentation and staying power. I reach for Pinky when I do a cool toned look using blues, graphites and silvers. Pinky is a great staple in my makeup collection. Cheap too but NYX can be hard to find in stores. I believe Ulta is the only B&M that sells NYX and it is a very limited selection.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

A lovely and bright porcelain doll pink! This texture is finely milled and lasts for the whole day on my skin. I really like this during winter when the extra colour doesn't hurt. This paired with a berry lipstain or pink lipgloss is just a phenomenal dolled-up look.

on 1/29/2012 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

i loved the color-but hesistant to purchase i'm nc 25 in winter nc30 in summer. but i fell in love with pinky. it took a while before i felt confident in applying thiswithoutfeeling like i'll look like a pink tomato. but seriously-it's great, i dab it on with eco-tools blush brush and wah-la beautiful cheeks. i pretty much use this on all mu looks. my mu style/look is dewly glowy skin, fresh cheeks, pink gloss, neutral brown eye with clean, defined brow-it's naturally understately sexy i dnt over do anything bc i find it overwhelms my delicate features & face. pinky gives a great 'pop' of fresh color to cheeks beautiful. i love this hard for me to give other blushes a try

So I bought this product based on reviews I read and also the MUG website top 10. I bought 7 shades to try and I've only tried 3 so far. I read somewhere that this blush was supposed to be what MAC's Pink Swoon is. I own both so I can compare. I feel that MAC's Pink Swoon has much better staying power and easier to blend if you are layer different blush shades. The color is cute but I don't feel it is a high quality product.

Popular Blush Products