Nuxe Poudre Eclat Prodigieux Multi-Usage Compact Bronzing Powder

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry age: 30-35
Nuxe Poudre Eclat Prodigieux Multi-Usage Compact Bronzing Powder

1 review

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Absolutely gorgeous stuff. I haven't liked a bronzer this much in a long time (I *almost* like it as much as my one true bronzer love, Poudre d'Orient).

In the pan this looks scary dark, but in reality, this is a sheer and buildable bronzer and pale girls should not be turned off by the super dark pan color as I was for several years.

This bronzer is neither shimmery nor matte- kind of like a Chanel poudre douce, there is enough sparkle to keep the color from going flat but that is it.

Color wise this bronzer does lean a little red, but as I said, it is really sheer and buildable. I do find the texture a little soft, so I wouldn't use an overly scratchy brush with it. I use the Shu 27 brush.

The best part? It smells like Nuxe oil. Love it.

Will rebuy although this bronzer was quite hard to find- not every store that offers Nuxe offers this powder.

The price is a smidge steep and it is one of the more expensive products in the Nuxe line which is probably due to the fact that there is a significant amount of product- 25g, so the same amount as Poudre d'Orient, although the pan is a bit smaller in diameter.

One of my ex coworkers, who was around a NC40, wore this as an all-over highlighting powder just to give her face some warmth, and it also looked stunning. Between seeing this powder on her and seeing it on my NC15 self, I am impressed with the versatility and buildability of this powder. Buy it if you can still find it.

Update July 2013: i still use this and as I have gotten older and experimented with different brushes and perfected my bronzer application tactics, this bronzer has gotten better and better on me with use. I now use a Bobbi Brown bronzing brush with a light hand more more control (the shu was kinda floppy).

One thing to be aware of is that this bronzer oxidizes red in the pan if you don't use it every day. I just scrape with the brush or run a tissue over the top.

This bronzer does lean red- not orange- which is good because that makes it easier to fix when you overdo it. My favorite thing about this bronzer is how it sinks into my skin and really looks like a tan on my super pale face.