Nuxe Poudre Eclat Prodigieux Multi-Usage Compact Bronzing Powder

Nuxe Poudre Eclat Prodigieux Multi-Usage Compact Bronzing Powder

4.3

on 1/13/2012 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this when I was in Europe, Im not sure if or where can you find it in the USA. Its an OK product i can totally live without it. Comes in a nice big compact with a huge mirror. The packaging looks very luxurious not cheap and plasticky at all, but the size of it is a bit inconvenient for putting it into your purse. When you first take a look of the actual powder you will find it scary too dark and orangey looking but on my nc30 skin looks quite natural and neutral but more on the golden orangey side. Theres a tiny bit of shimmer in it but only in the first layers of product after a few uses this bronzer is completely matte. I dont think I ll buy it again i dont really care for it but i will use it up . I believe it will look better on people with darker skin tones

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Absolutely gorgeous stuff. I haven't liked a bronzer this much in a long time (I *almost* like it as much as my one true bronzer love, Poudre d'Orient).

In the pan this looks scary dark, but in reality, this is a sheer and buildable bronzer and pale girls should not be turned off by the super dark pan color as I was for several years.

This bronzer is neither shimmery nor matte- kind of like a Chanel poudre douce, there is enough sparkle to keep the color from going flat but that is it.

Color wise this bronzer does lean a little red, but as I said, it is really sheer and buildable. I do find the texture a little soft, so I wouldn't use an overly scratchy brush with it. I use the Shu 27 brush.

The best part? It smells like Nuxe oil. Love it.

Will rebuy although this bronzer was quite hard to find- not every store that offers Nuxe offers this powder.

The price is a smidge steep and it is one of the more expensive products in the Nuxe line which is probably due to the fact that there is a significant amount of product- 25g, so the same amount as Poudre d'Orient, although the pan is a bit smaller in diameter.

One of my ex coworkers, who was around a NC40, wore this as an all-over highlighting powder just to give her face some warmth, and it also looked stunning. Between seeing this powder on her and seeing it on my NC15 self, I am impressed with the versatility and buildability of this powder. Buy it if you can still find it.

Update July 2013: i still use this and as I have gotten older and experimented with different brushes and perfected my bronzer application tactics, this bronzer has gotten better and better on me with use. I now use a Bobbi Brown bronzing brush with a light hand more more control (the shu was kinda floppy).

One thing to be aware of is that this bronzer oxidizes red in the pan if you don't use it every day. I just scrape with the brush or run a tissue over the top.

This bronzer does lean red- not orange- which is good because that makes it easier to fix when you overdo it. My favorite thing about this bronzer is how it sinks into my skin and really looks like a tan on my super pale face.

on 7/1/2005 12:49:00 PM

I use this Nuxe bronzing powder in the spring and summer and use my Bobbi Brown bronzer in the fall/winter because there is no shimmer and looks better on my complexion. Before Nuxe, I used Lancome bronzer which isn't bad either, but I really like the Nuxe alittle better. I think it's expensive, but it'll last me a really long time. Will buy again.

on 4/23/2005 4:50:00 PM

I can't beleive no one has reviewed this yet! This is Nuxe's Bronzing Powder, not the liquid stuff. It comes in a beautiful, HUGE gold colored metal compact, and you get 25 grams of powder (almost an ounce!) So I really don't imagine I will need to buy it again soon. The powder comes in one color, which looks "scary bronze" in the compact, but goes on a beautiful sheer color that is very buildable...I use just a bit with my (Sephora copy of) Nars bronzer brush- Light sweep over surface, dot on cheeks, bridge of nose, high forehead and chin and blend in. Gives a nice warmth to my complexion when it is no longer reasonable to roam around in my blue white winter cast skin:) You can also build it for more intense, "Tan" effect, if you like (not too beleivable on me LOL) There is no shimmer to this, but the package describes "light reflecting pigments" so what you get is a glowy sort of finish...gorgeous...Best bronzer I have ever tried for my yellow undertones FFF/PPP skin!