4.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

7 years ago

Highly pigmented blush so I have to apply this to my pale skin with a very light hand. When I want a light contrast to show up on my cheeks, this is what I use. It is a mauvy plum color that is very soft and natural looking on my skin when applied lightly. With a heavy hand it is too harsh, but color of this blush is great for a soft nude look that is natural looking. Yes, I'd repurchase this if I ran out, assuming that it was no longer discontinued. Has good staying power also.

About reviewer (125 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

9 years ago

I don't know why I'm just now getting around to reviewing this lovely blush. I know it's been discontinued, but this can still be purchased quite cheaply from a few online retailers. In the pan it looks very dark and somewhat clownish and you may think it would resemble horrible bruises or something. Once applied, however, you get a gorgeous, slightly plummy, healthy glow on your cheeks. If I had judged this solely on the color in the pan I never would have chosen this particular color. I decided to try it a couple of years ago based on previous MUA reviews comparing it to Nars Sin. It's very highly pigmented so you need to use a light hand when applying it, but the shade is beautiful.

About reviewer (176 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesOther

10 years ago

LOve this color, I have the old packaging, I wanted it so bad that i swapped for it, and I do not regrett it at all! Really pretty plummy color makes me look rosey and soft. I like it for the winter.

About reviewer (89 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Tan, Warm

HairBlack, Curly, Coarse

2.0

11 years ago

Goes on sheer which is nice cause it's rather dark in the pan. Highly pigmented. Deep plummy/brown-ish shade that really reminds me of a staple of mine from years ago, a clinique blush called "Plum". Cute pot it comes in not overly packaged -- no frills. Not a ton of product, but for the price, it's really a mute point! Definitely not my favorite blush (color mostly) but certainly a decent blush for the price.

About reviewer (103 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

12 years ago

This is another winner from Milani. I've heard it compared to NARS Sin which I've only swatched in stores and did not care for. This is a gorgeous plum brown berry with slight gold shimmers that hardly show up on the cheek. Very sophisticated. Not too dark, but very pigmented. LOVE.

About reviewer (122 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesBlue

12 years ago

I'm really in love with this! It's one of my favorite blushes and I use it more than any of the others. At first glance I thought it would be way too dark, but it blends nicely and it isn't extremely pigmented. I am neutral/cool, NC15, and this really works as a contour or blush for me. It defines my face nicely, and compliments my skin tone perfectly. LOVE! If you can find it, get it!

About reviewer (441 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Coarse

EyesGreen

2.0

12 years ago

I grabbed 2 of these when I heard they were being discontinued. Temptation is a dusty purple with gold shimmer in the pan, not a color I would be drawn to normally. However, despite my reservations, I bought them because of the raves. On my face, even with a very light hand, Temptation makes me look sick or bruised. Applied lightly, it looks like dark shadows on my face, making me look gaunt and tired. Applied more heavily, I look like I had an accident with someone's fists. Neither are looks I care for.

About reviewer (90 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

12 years ago

I currently own 2 Temptations because I am frightened I'll run out and not have a backup!! This is a great plummy blush with fine shimmer (not OTT at all) that flatters my pale skin/blue eyes/brunette hair. This is one of those blushes that give me a healthy glow that isn't too pink, and is a great face-finisher, even when I'm not wearing any eye makeup. Just a dusting of Temptation and some lipgloss and I'm good to go. (I'm not so pale that it looks purply or too dark). This is very nearly identical to NARS Sin, as another reviewer stated below....in fact, holding the 2 of them together the shades in-pan are an almost perfect match. I find Sin slightly more pigmented and the glitter a little more pronounced when applied though. So...to each her own. If you can track down Temptation I'd say get it, I'll definitely buy another if I run out!

About reviewer (704 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesGray

12 years ago

I'm not a face product fan as of yet and am still shy to use a lot of color on my cheeks. Temptation looks very muddy, almost a mauvy brown in the pot but applies in such a warm rosey color with microfine gold glitter that provides a nice healthy glow. Such a surprise! I bought this blindly without even reading reviews here... I'm very pale so this is more of a winter color for me that I'll use just to give myself a healthy glow instead of looking washed out. My justification typically to buy any Milani blush blindly is 1) they're discontinued sadly 2) super cheap $3-$4 3) Great way for a blush noob to try new colors and see what suits her without spending a lot of money. I'm never disappointed with these blushes, even with my starving artist budget lol, never disappointed. Don't let the color of temptation in the pot decieve you, it's quite a beautiful shade that would suit a lot of people once on the skin. I agree the packaging for these isn't the best but neither is a lot of products from this line. However ignoring the packaging, the product itself exceeds beyond the quality of what you're paying for... It's best to open these with a flat object to lift it to prevent nail chipping/blush chipping) or you can depot it into a blush palette instead =)

About reviewer (369 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairOther

13 years ago

Temptation was one alternative i was looking for in replacement of dallas. that kind of plummish rose colour which i liked during days of no-pink blushes. i managed to find this DCed product on bestbeauty online. and i loved the cheap price of it. im still not sure about the staying power but i like this blush! :) only complain would be the casing.. hmmms.. not very easy to open. yes i'd buy if i run out of it and of better alternatives. :)

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinDry, Other, Warm