Lancome Pure Focus Oil-Free Moisturizing Lotion

Lancome Pure Focus Oil-Free Moisturizing Lotion
Pure Focus Oil-Free Moisturizing Lotion

3.2

on 11/11/2016 9:39:00 AM

I got a generous sample of this moisturizer. Unfortunately, it doesn't keep me matte. It feels very light on the skin and didn't cause any breakouts. I used it up as night cream mixed with a couple drops of face oil, since it's so light. It worked fine this way, but I won't buy it.

on 7/2/2016 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is an average moisturizer for oily skin. It is not hydrating at all, so only useful if you have extremely oily skin. Why is it green? That can't be good for your skin. It has a medicinal scent that was off putting. Overall, I felt there was better and cheaper options for an oil controlling moisturizer. *Note this product is now called Bienfait Pure Focus Oil Free Moisturizing Lotion.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is discontinued now (at least in Canada). You need to have really oily skin to use it. I thought I was oily, but this dried out my skin way too much and was irritating.

on 9/24/2011 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My skin is very oil. This product controlled my skin all day long. But in my country this is a very expensive product.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This one didn't work for me at all. I really didn't get much in terms of moisture and it turned flaky on me! Returned.

on 10/22/2014 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Not bad but also not great. It keeps my skin pretty matte, so that's good. But it doesn't really moisturise and it smells iffy. Also, since I've been using it I have been breaking out in spots again. Not huge big breakouts but a few pimples here and there, and ever since I started using Este Lauder products a few years ago that hasn't really happened to me anymore. Am using it up, but am looking for another moisturiser for oily skin now. Preferably one with an SPF but they are very hard to come by... Especially when you have oily, acne-prone skin. If I can't find a better one I'm going back to DayWear lotion SPF 15, Este Lauder, which was good but a little too slick in the summer.

on 11/17/2009 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Pshh. What a joke. First ingrediant is a silicone. I should've known better. It does nothing for oil control. Smells nice, and leaves your skin matte and drab. No glow at all, it actually accentuates my imperfections. And there is no way that the "salycylic acid" in this product will help prevent breakouts, because it is low on the ingrediant list. Not moisturizing enough for my dehydrated oily skin. Oil was back in about 30 minutes. This may be a nice lihgt hydrator for some people, but it broke m eout in little red bumps, and I am still trying to get rid of them and it's been over a month. Not horribly expensive $38.

on 1/25/2010 5:43:00 PM

This is probably the best oil-free moisturizer that I have used. Simply didn't leave my skin shiny but to the point where sometimes I feel it left my skin without enough hydration. Smells nice. I didn't like that it has dye in it to make the lotion green. Quickly used up.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have extremely oily skin, and this moisturizer helped mattify it for more hours than any other moisturizers i have used. The product itself comes in a really small container though, and it's really expensive. (I bought mine for around $24.00) I use this moisturizer in the morning. At night I use Clinique's moisturizing gel because the formula is a little thicker, so it can help the dry spots on my face. Yes, I would buy this product again, but I wouldn't recommend it for normal to dry skin.

on 7/30/2010 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Of all the moisturizers I've tried for oily skin (Clinique, Elizabeth Arden, Clarins, Murad, as well as drug store brands), this has worked the best.

PROS: Very light, lots of "mattifiers" (silica), and not greasy at all. Among all other "oil-free," "mattifying" and "for very oily skin" moisturizers, this holds the oil back the longest.

CONS: Not an effective moisturizer in the least. Eyelids, etc, might suffer from dryness eventually. So don't use it for that purpose. Moisturize well at night. Acne/skin tone etc: no improvement. It really is just for looking less oily when you head out.

I get oily soon after using it, yes, but Pure Focus is no miracle. It just works best among the others.