Sally Hansen Hard as Wraps

Sally Hansen Hard as Wraps
Hard as WrapsHard as WrapsHard as Wraps

3.3

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The only way I can understand the negative reviews is that their body chemistry didn't get along with the product. I can't say that it's made my nails themselves stronger but it certainly helps the bending and flaking while I wear it. I haven't experienced any flaking, peeling, or tackiness. It dried quickly, even a second coat. I'm recovering from a badly applied set of a crylics, so my nails are really thin and weak to the point that it hurts to put light pressure on the nail because it bends far more than usual. This stuff stops that altogether. I got it on sale at CVS, but I'm perfectly willing to pay full price if I need another bottle before my nails grow out.

I find this product useless for anything and everything other than breaks and splits. Using the tea bag method with this polish has saved me allot of pain from a split under the bed of my nail. It's an emergency only item but if I ever break a nail it's a must have !

To Read all 107 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/10/2016 1:57:00 PM

I have weak, bending, peeling nails and have been looking for something that will make them stronger as I grow them out. I saw this one, so I decided to try it, despite the $11ca price tag.
The consistency is thick and glides smoothly with no streaks or bubbles. It did take a few minutes to dry, but no longer than your average gel polish. I applied 1 coat only.
Once dry my nails instantly felt thicker and stronger, as well as shiny and healthy. I'm only on day 3 and it's still going strong, no peeling off like others have had. I would definitelytely recommend this to anyone who has weak, peeling, cracking nails as I do. This stuff works.

I have very damaged nails. I bought this for a protective base coat. Well not even 3 hours later a huge chunk of my fresh mani just peeled off! I'm talking almost my whole thumbnail polish was gone! So bad. Stay away from this.
I love the regular polishes but this was awful!

on 3/1/2015 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

The sheer pink turns YELLOW within hours. Ick. Had to toss.

I can't really say whether or not this product had any strengthening power on my nails because it peeled off every time I applied it within an hour or so of application. In doing so it would take slivers of my nails with it. It did the same thing to my mother's nails. Will not be finishing the bottle, let alone repurchasing.

Bought this because my nails have a tendency to split when I'm growing them out. This product says it can be used 'alone, or as a base coat'. Well, you definitely can't use it as a base coat, because when you put a coloured coat over the top, it will chip off immediately with this underneath it. It has a nice, thick texture and minimises the look of chipped nails, which is a pro. It basically works well as a sealant to let your nails grow out, but so would any kind of polish. Wouldn't buy again, for the price and the fact that it doesn't go well under another kind of polish.

on 1/5/2014 5:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I use this as a base and top coat all the time. It dries fast and does the job. My nails feel much stronger with it than without. I don't find many top or base coats that do that job. It makes my polish last longer than others I have tried as well.

Formula is great, no streaky application or being too thick. Consistency is just right. Definitely repurchase.

on 12/26/2013 8:10:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This product doesn't seem to make a drastic difference to my nails it had made them a little stronger. It wears very well as I work on farm I need something that lasts this didn't chip at all when I was working leaving my nails protected and stronger.

on 11/26/2013 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This product comes in a blue bottle. It's a thin acrylic gel base coat that dries quickly. The brush is thin, so an even application is difficult. It has relatively few ingredients.

It made my nails and hands ache. I think I had a reaction to the camphor.

It doesn't contain DBP, toluene, or formaldehyde.