Mary Kay Signature Cream Lipstick in Apricot Glaze

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Mary Kay Signature Cream Lipstick in Apricot Glaze

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Apricot Glaze...where have you been all my life???

I am not a regular Mary Kay user, but I recently received a tube as a gift from a friend who is a Mary Kay consultant.

I put it on, not really thinking much about it, but....WOW.

I am not a fan of the nude lip on myself, because I am so ridiculously pale that I look like a corpse if I don't wear a lip product with some substantial pigmentation. Because my lips are nearly colorless I absolutely cannot forego lip product without risk of being loaded into a cadaver wagon.

But I'm not so much into funky lip colors any more. I'm older, and I prefer a more pretty and polished look, rather than the OTT look. I still do OTT on occasion, but for every day, I prefer natural shades.

This? Is absolutely perfect. I see "MLBB" all the time here at MUA and I always think that I would never wear "MLBB" lipstick because my lip color is that of cold dead fish skin. Better cold dead fish skin is still cold dead fish skin. But IF I could have one wish granted, it would be that my lips could be this color, so I could say that this lipstick is MLBB.

Clear as mud?

Anyway...this is neither too orange nor too pink, too warm nor too cool. As I said, it's perfect. It's very versatile as well and can be easily paired with other lip products to alter the intensity or the tonal value.

The quality is very good. I've been using Rimmel Birthday Suit quite a bit, which I actually really like. But the texture and pigmentation of this lipstick is far superior. It's very creamy but not too...slippery, if you know what I mean. It makes my lips feel very soft without being greasy. The only complain I have is that it smells a little like Crayolas. But, there is no bad taste like that I have experienced with some other brands (coughL'Orealcough).

Perfect lipstick doesn't happen every day. I'm buying three or four of these suckers.

Love it! Great Staying power, Non-drying and looks great on fair skin. Not too pink, not orangey just right. Looks great on me as a red head and as a blond.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This, and Sweet Nectar, are the only MK lipsticks that I own that I would buy again. A very pretty medium toned nude/neutral color that is highly pigmented and has a very lasting formula. I'm a MAC NC30 and this one really looks nice on me. The last is a little strange but it wears so long, I don't really mind. Great color.