Mary Kay Signature Cream Lipstick in Apricot Glaze

Mary Kay Signature Cream Lipstick in Apricot Glaze

4.5

As per 1 of the reviewers below, this IS a total JLo shade! I love this lipstick. It is MLBB. Simply lovely! I've had it forever, since I moved half ways across the nation I've not kept in touch w my MK lady & don't want another as MK is pretty expensive (to me), so I've been buying MAC when I want a high end lipstick. I do not like dealing w any kind of presenter or reps so I've been buying a lot of NYX lately soft matte lip creams. MK is a high quality line of products but don't like to deal w any reps & price are 2 things against it big time, but MK makes great lipsticks! I have 10 or so still, fave is Whipped Berries coz it reminds me so much of my former MK lady who was so nice & cool. She also was my yoga instructor :) I love the "look" of this lipstick. Its not too frosty very age appropriate for "mature" (the over 29+ crowd) ladies just like MK in general I think is targeted towards that demographic.

on 5/14/2011 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Awesome shade! I have very dark brown/black hair and this color looks great with my dark features. The texture is very creamy and the scent isn't too strong (artificial but I don't mind it). The color lasts very long and I actually like the shade the color takes on as it dries on the lips throughout the day (a more matte version than the immediately applied color). I can wear this color year round. it is a little pricey (most of the other lipsticks I wear are store brands that don't cost more than $7) but definitely a product that I'll keep purchasing over and over and over!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Apricot Glaze...where have you been all my life???

I am not a regular Mary Kay user, but I recently received a tube as a gift from a friend who is a Mary Kay consultant.

I put it on, not really thinking much about it, but....WOW.

I am not a fan of the nude lip on myself, because I am so ridiculously pale that I look like a corpse if I don't wear a lip product with some substantial pigmentation. Because my lips are nearly colorless I absolutely cannot forego lip product without risk of being loaded into a cadaver wagon.

But I'm not so much into funky lip colors any more. I'm older, and I prefer a more pretty and polished look, rather than the OTT look. I still do OTT on occasion, but for every day, I prefer natural shades.

This? Is absolutely perfect. I see "MLBB" all the time here at MUA and I always think that I would never wear "MLBB" lipstick because my lip color is that of cold dead fish skin. Better cold dead fish skin is still cold dead fish skin. But IF I could have one wish granted, it would be that my lips could be this color, so I could say that this lipstick is MLBB.

Clear as mud?

Anyway...this is neither too orange nor too pink, too warm nor too cool. As I said, it's perfect. It's very versatile as well and can be easily paired with other lip products to alter the intensity or the tonal value.

The quality is very good. I've been using Rimmel Birthday Suit quite a bit, which I actually really like. But the texture and pigmentation of this lipstick is far superior. It's very creamy but not too...slippery, if you know what I mean. It makes my lips feel very soft without being greasy. The only complain I have is that it smells a little like Crayolas. But, there is no bad taste like that I have experienced with some other brands (coughL'Orealcough).

Perfect lipstick doesn't happen every day. I'm buying three or four of these suckers.

on 4/14/2010 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Got mine for less than 3 bucks on eBay!!! :) Beautiful peachy-shimmer shade that I truly believe is prettier than any of MAC's neutral shades!! It easily pairs with any eye makeup look too. The new formula (shiny black tube) is so rich and creamy with no nasty taste (the older silver tube- yuck)- I love it... Staying power is good too, it lasted me at least 5 hours with regular drinking and eating.... Two thumbs up on this one!

on 1/21/2010 12:10:00 PM

Fabulous quality and color! In my opinion, better than most high end brand lipsticks. Perfect for fair skin.

on 3/27/2009 11:33:00 AM

My go-to for a super neutral lip, every time! I love the color, texture, wear. I have given it as a gift on several occassions too!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is the perfect most versatile color. It goes with everything and it feels great, moisturizing.

Love it! Great Staying power, Non-drying and looks great on fair skin. Not too pink, not orangey just right. Looks great on me as a red head and as a blond.

I got a sample of this and when I tried it on, I just had to buy one! It's a gorgeous creamy nudish light reddy-pinky-peachy colour. I am NC35 for reference and it really suits me! It is a gorgeous colour!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This really is a wonderful nudish apricot lipstick. It looks darker in the catalog and even when you open it, but when you put it on, it is perfection!