L'Artisan Fragrances La Chasse aux Papillons Extreme

Filtered by eye Color : Green
No Image

3.8

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I own the original from a few years ago and can't entirely tell the difference between the two aside from the bottle (miss the old bottle). This is my go-to scent--I absolutely love linden, so I'm not surprised. If there's something similar, and perhaps a bit heavier for fall and winter, I would definitely try it.

on 8/21/2006 3:50:00 AM

Very light and ethereal but with carachter as pashat said before.I've never tested the Original chasse but this have the most lovely top notes for it's kind.A slightly peppered heady traditional flower that sets in a smooth soft tropical heart.It's a bit of a juvenille tuberose,charming nonetheless.Some vanilla for the end rounds thing nicely.I'm surprised but the sillage on this and the lasting power it's rather good.

I am surprised I liked this. It was a gift from a wonderful MUA'er... and I have tried about 3 frags she has sent me. This one is from a decant, and therefore I rated it 1 and 1 for price and packaging. I don't know.

The top notes are a woodsy almost tabacco floral. I had to read the reviews to figure out what they were (tuberose and jasmine). I can now smell the jasmine but I don't know what tuberose smells like. So you have the top notes for about 1/2 hour and then you start a long drydown. NO MID NOTES!

The drydown is a lovely masculine sort of musty atticky scent (similar to grandma's attic) with the woodsy tobacco scent. I smelled the drydown for hours and hours (about 7-9 hrs) and my daughter loved it too.

I just refreshed it a minute ago and it's been fun to experience it again. Nothing overwhelming or in your throat and gagging you because the florals are not heady. It's a very controlled and grounded fragrance... I would totally get this when I'm out and about.

on 4/17/2006 11:07:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This one worked so much more with my chemistry than the original La Chasse. Although I think the composition of both of them is beautiful, the sexy spicy note in Extreme made it much more wearable for me - the citrus in the original was just a little too girly for me to enjoy it as much. The jasmine in both is impeccable, and they both are beautiful scents, to be sure, but Extreme has the added oomph that makes me feel like a goddess. I am totally in love with this beautiful, balanced, sexy scent.

on 12/29/2005 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Just writing this review ...Much better than the first L'chasse,more pep,and deep, I can't believe it but I smell my fav. smelling flower feesia ,yes I do ,wow.

on 6/13/2005 7:56:00 AM

Err... I have been wearing a sample of the regular La Chasse for a couple of days and was excited to find out what the Extreme would be like! So, passing by the L'Artisan boutique in Marylebone High Street, I sprayed some regular on my wrist and some Extreme on my other wrist. As soon as we got out we tested it. Sniff. Nothing. My friend tried and she couldn't smell anything either. Meanwhile the regular version was as vibrant as ever! We decided there was something wrong with the bottle - maybe they ran out of perfume and replaced it with water! Well then, a bit later at Liberty I decided to try again in case they had a better bottle. Again, I just could not smell anything at all! Extreme? Hardly! This is the strangest reaction I have ever had to a perfume.

I sprayed one wrist with LCAP and one with LCAP Extreme. There was only the slightest difference in the fragrance-- it smelled like the Extreme had a woodier base to it. By the time I had walked around NM sniffing both wrists, they both had faded so much that I could see no reason to purchase them. If only this fragrance would last-- because it is certainly beautiful.

on 5/5/2005 9:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Oh why, Oh why did L'Artisan have to go and do this to me. I must get a bottle. I do wish they made it in a 3.4 oz. And I am P.O'ed that the 1.7 oz is more expensive(oh well thatr is the price for greatness). That being said, I adore the original La Chasse. Would never go without it. But this is soooooo nice. They smell very similar but the extreme is just POW, it lasts much longer and smells much stronger. But still remains delicate at the same time. It is a bit more white then the original. I mean I smell more Tubarose in this one. Anywhoooo it is fab and very bottle worthy.

Popular Fragrances