L'Artisan Fragrances La Chasse aux Papillons Extreme

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
No Image

3.0

I own a big bottle of the original and like it a lot, but I see it more as hot summer scent and agree with the "diet" comment - LOL!
While the original can be a little pungent and sligthly harsh on some days, this Extreme version is much powerful in flowers but definetely rounder, smoother, deeper and warmer than the original. It has the stoning headiness of strong white florals without any cheap morphing edge that white florals can have when not balanced. I could bathe in a tub of this and become happily insane! It's very sunny, white floral, but it doesn't seem too beachy to me. I could say this is a sexy scent but it's just my IMO, maybe not a male one. I'm sorry it's so expensive and has poor staying power. It remonds me of Fracas, but less loud and less "loaded".
It is like the promise of summer that spring has in itself.

on 11/9/2006 8:48:00 AM

I had high hopes for my first venture into the world of L'Artisan perfumes. The lovely, poetic name of this particular scent also attracted me to it - 'Chasing Butterflies'. I didn't at this point know that there were two versions of this, one the original and one the extreme and unfortunately got my hands on the extreme version. All I can say is that the horrible pepper note really spoiled this for me.
For the first five minutes it started out quite nice, I didn't catch the pepper even though its a top note but suddenly it just blasted its way in completely overwhelming the other notes which might have given this fragrance a good chance at becoming something quite special. You can almost catch a whiff of the gorgeous, delicate scent drowning beneath all that pepper and what a beautiful scent it is. I really do hope that I might be able to find that scent in the original version of LCAP. But overall my introduction to my first L'Artisan fragrance was a complete disappointment.

on 3/31/2006 1:05:00 AM

Did La Chasse really need an "Extreme" version? Seriously. The original is so lovely, light, feminine, and delicate--nothing extreme about it, and I like it that way. The pink pepper is strong, spicy, and not at all in harmony with the soft florals. Sharp and discordant. I'll stick with the original, thank you very much.

on 7/19/2005 10:04:00 PM

To say I approached this fragrance with a jaded attitude would be an understatement. I don't like La Chasse, I'm exceedingly skeptical about tuberose and although there are quite a few white florals I've come to like, there's not exactly an across the board unconditional love fest going on (yet). My cynical face was all nicely in place as I put LCaPE on. Quick readjustment of facial expression required as I sniffed. Yes, it does indeed start out with a powerful dose of that tuberose I'm so skeptical about, but for some reason it is appealing in this fragrance - very creamy, soft, sweet. It also has a significant amount of jasmine, a floral note I adore, and the saffron and pepper which subsequently appear contribute nicely to this fragrance's unabashedly sultry, rich character. La Chasse is well mannered, nice and wouldn't offend at a PTA meeting. La Chasse Extreme probably would offend at a PTA meeting. Bold, sexy, fun. Gorgeous. *Have* to learn not to prejudge....

on 6/16/2005 6:28:00 PM

Compared to the regular, La Chasse aux Papillions, this was horrible! The tuberose in it smells bitter. Ugh. This almost made me nauseous. I *love* the original but this one is definitely not for me.

Much better than the original Chasse. The opening is utterly gorgeous, with strong tuberose and jasmine notes which made me nearly swoon with delight (it's so perfect for spring)! I was stunned that I actually liked this, since I disliked the original version. A few minutes later the composition deepens as saffron and pepper make their appearance, giving innocent ol' Chasse a sexy evening edge. The note that bothered me in the original version (linden, I suspect) is either absent or much subdued here. The sillage does drop significantly after an hour, but the fragrance is still present thereafter. I'd be happy with a decant, but there's no way I'd pay $90 for 50 mL of this fragrance, even though it's very pretty.

Popular Fragrances