L'Artisan Fragrances La Chasse aux Papillons Extreme

Filtered by hair type : Other
No Image

3.5

I am surprised I liked this. It was a gift from a wonderful MUA'er... and I have tried about 3 frags she has sent me. This one is from a decant, and therefore I rated it 1 and 1 for price and packaging. I don't know.

The top notes are a woodsy almost tabacco floral. I had to read the reviews to figure out what they were (tuberose and jasmine). I can now smell the jasmine but I don't know what tuberose smells like. So you have the top notes for about 1/2 hour and then you start a long drydown. NO MID NOTES!

The drydown is a lovely masculine sort of musty atticky scent (similar to grandma's attic) with the woodsy tobacco scent. I smelled the drydown for hours and hours (about 7-9 hrs) and my daughter loved it too.

I just refreshed it a minute ago and it's been fun to experience it again. Nothing overwhelming or in your throat and gagging you because the florals are not heady. It's a very controlled and grounded fragrance... I would totally get this when I'm out and about.

on 11/19/2005 8:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is very *very* different from the original! Not nearly as light or pretty. Something about it is too masculine and harsh for me.

on 11/11/2005 5:51:00 PM

After ordering samples of the original and the extreme version of LaChasse, I must say the original wins without a doubt. While they both smell very similiar as far as the floral part of it goes, the extreme has that pink pepper that just ruins its for me. It doesn't smell nearly as feminine.To perfect the Extreme, they just should have made the EDP but with exactly the same notes just more concentrated.

Edit: After trying my sample again, this is now up to 5 lippies from 3. I love the spiciness of Extreme.

I sprayed one wrist with LCAP and one with LCAP Extreme. There was only the slightest difference in the fragrance-- it smelled like the Extreme had a woodier base to it. By the time I had walked around NM sniffing both wrists, they both had faded so much that I could see no reason to purchase them. If only this fragrance would last-- because it is certainly beautiful.

Popular Fragrances