L'Artisan Parfumeur La Chasse aux Papillons Extreme

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
L'Artisan Parfumeur La Chasse aux Papillons Extreme

3.8

on 3/6/2013 2:06:00 PM

My perception of La Chasse has changed in time. At first, I understood it as an innocent, charming, feminine and non-offensive little fragrance bursting with honeysuckle and sunshine in a pastel coloured fairlyland. It was soft and light with a barely there, slightly soapy drydown. Then one day I realised that the fragrance is mainly tuberose on me, and that a coconutty one. Coconut is not one of my favourite notes but it doesn't disturb me here. Only, La Chasse is not the faint representation of innocence and charm anymore. It's a peppery, slightly spicy tuberose fragrance, only more subdued than other examples of the genre. L'Artisan's La Nuit de Tubereuse is one of my favourite fragrances ever, that's why I don't particularly need this one. I use my 15 ml bottle mostly at work but I don't see myself buying another one. 3.5

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I own the original from a few years ago and can't entirely tell the difference between the two aside from the bottle (miss the old bottle). This is my go-to scent--I absolutely love linden, so I'm not surprised. If there's something similar, and perhaps a bit heavier for fall and winter, I would definitely try it.

on 9/4/2009 5:33:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I have spent the last three days sampling this fragrance and now that my sample is almost empty, I can confirm my initial reaction: pretty but not full-bottle worthy. The scent is very flowery with a hint of lemon in a very romantic and ladylike way-not fun and girly. However, I find it a bit one-dimensional, as it does not really evolve but just fades. Which brings us to my main concern: the staying power. As this is supposed to be the "extreme" version, I expected to last on my rather dry skin for more that 2-3 hours ( last hour being a very weak, close-to-skin scent). Overall, nice and feminine but nothing memorable.

on 12/28/2006 1:47:00 PM

This is one of my favorite scents, that has sent me on a quest for anything peppery I can find. The pepper note is overwhelming, yes, but if you love it, there's nothing like it. It dries down to something light, floral and slightly spicy; unusual but delicious. I love it so much, I'd be heartbroken if it were ever discontinued.

Popular Fragrances