L'Artisan Parfumeur La Chasse aux Papillons Extreme

Filtered by skin type : Normal
L'Artisan Parfumeur La Chasse aux Papillons Extreme

4.3

I love the original and I also love this the extreme version. I find this one smells greener and maybe a bit harsher at the beginning but then it turns into a beautiful fragrance, its summer and jasmine and the garden at night. It has great staying power too I can still smell it at the end of the day. Definately a keeper!

on 12/28/2006 1:47:00 PM

This is one of my favorite scents, that has sent me on a quest for anything peppery I can find. The pepper note is overwhelming, yes, but if you love it, there's nothing like it. It dries down to something light, floral and slightly spicy; unusual but delicious. I love it so much, I'd be heartbroken if it were ever discontinued.

I am surprised I liked this. It was a gift from a wonderful MUA'er... and I have tried about 3 frags she has sent me. This one is from a decant, and therefore I rated it 1 and 1 for price and packaging. I don't know.

The top notes are a woodsy almost tabacco floral. I had to read the reviews to figure out what they were (tuberose and jasmine). I can now smell the jasmine but I don't know what tuberose smells like. So you have the top notes for about 1/2 hour and then you start a long drydown. NO MID NOTES!

The drydown is a lovely masculine sort of musty atticky scent (similar to grandma's attic) with the woodsy tobacco scent. I smelled the drydown for hours and hours (about 7-9 hrs) and my daughter loved it too.

I just refreshed it a minute ago and it's been fun to experience it again. Nothing overwhelming or in your throat and gagging you because the florals are not heady. It's a very controlled and grounded fragrance... I would totally get this when I'm out and about.