L'Artisan Fragrances La Chasse aux Papillons Extreme

Filtered by skin type : Other
No Image

3.6

on 5/16/2008 1:04:00 AM

One of my premier scents for summer, CAP Extreme downplays the linden of the original in favor of a more pronounced tuberose. I prefer this to the soliflore Tubereuse from the same line, which is more opaque and fattier. In CAP Extreme, an extremely well integrated pepper note provides enough lift to make the fatty tuberose buoyant and less buttery. There is something of Carnal Flower to this scent, or perhaps it is simply the closest cognate to Carnal Flower that I've encountered, insofar as the similar impressions of tuberose go. The flower's commingling of green and rich notes is likewise elevated beyond the rubbery (something CF does with citrus), suggesting a sense of warm air moving throughout. I don't notice other white florals in this mix, nor do I get much wood beyond what I would designate a very slight note akin to drying hay or bleached driftwood. A salty quality marks the drydown when this earthier phase begins. Like the original CAP, CAP Extreme has an short lifespan if measured in terms of sillage and presence; it becomes a beachy skin scent on me within the hour. The original is more suggestive of spring and is a cooler, daintier fragrance. I like both equally well and find them the best of L'Artisan's abstractions.

This is a really unpleasant fragrance on me. There is something thin and sharp about it that makes me feel that it is unfinished. The beginning is bright and really pretty but it quickly becomes very masculine and all I am left with is peppery wood. I hate this. It nauseated me and was nothing at all like the original in the end. It should have a completely different name because there is no similarity to the original in this at all to me.

Many scents heavy with tuberose do not usually work well with my skin. They tend to be harsh and menthol-ish. Jasmine tends to overwhelm me when I wear it...and that's just what this is. Tuberose and jasmine. I found La Chasse Extrme to pale in comparison to the original La Chasse, which I adore. The original is light and makes me want to put on a soft white dress and lay in a field. This one does not have that effect on me. However, I'm sure it will really work for someone. If you don't care much for the original and/or you're a tuberose or jasmine kind of gal, this might just work for you.

on 10/25/2005 8:28:00 PM

I love this better than the original, because it is smoother and creamier... I find that it goes on better sprayed rather than dabbed... I realised that because I fell in love with it at Barneys after spraying it on me (and so did my male friend at the time... he wanted to buy it for me right then and there), and then Papillon (Tammy) was sweet enough to give me a little decant, and wearing it from the decant bottle, it lost a bit of whatever attracted me to it at the store. I also LOVE, Love Rochas' Poupee, and I find this too similar to actually buy a bottle of it right now. I might, in the future though...

on 10/24/2005 6:07:00 AM

I adore this fragrance. My only regret about it is having bought it at the tail-end of the summer; I would have loved to get more use out of it during the warmer months. Unlike the original La Chasse, the Extreme lasts on me a good 8 hours. Maller is correct in calling this perfume sultry. That's the perfect word to describe it. On me the jasmine note is particurlarly strong and lingers for quite some time while the tuberose seems to fade first.

on 7/19/2005 10:04:00 PM

To say I approached this fragrance with a jaded attitude would be an understatement. I don't like La Chasse, I'm exceedingly skeptical about tuberose and although there are quite a few white florals I've come to like, there's not exactly an across the board unconditional love fest going on (yet). My cynical face was all nicely in place as I put LCaPE on. Quick readjustment of facial expression required as I sniffed. Yes, it does indeed start out with a powerful dose of that tuberose I'm so skeptical about, but for some reason it is appealing in this fragrance - very creamy, soft, sweet. It also has a significant amount of jasmine, a floral note I adore, and the saffron and pepper which subsequently appear contribute nicely to this fragrance's unabashedly sultry, rich character. La Chasse is well mannered, nice and wouldn't offend at a PTA meeting. La Chasse Extreme probably would offend at a PTA meeting. Bold, sexy, fun. Gorgeous. *Have* to learn not to prejudge....

on 5/1/2005 4:44:00 PM

I tried the Extreme version on one wrist and the original version on the other wrist. I was immediately engulfed in lush sweet florals (from the extreme). I had to stick my nose up really close to my other wrist to smell the original version. At first I wasn't sure if that was because they smelled so similar but as they dried down, the Extreme remained abundantly floral while all I could detect from the Original La Chasse was a light lime, citrusy note. I liked La Chasse Extreme before I had ever sampled the original La Chasse (which I did just for comparison). For me, Extreme wins hands down between the two. I am afraid though that if I put too much of the Extreme on at once, that it will be too sweet for me to tolerate. A little dab lasts several hours on me.

Popular Fragrances