L'Artisan Fragrances La Chasse aux Papillons Extreme

No Image

3.4

I own a big bottle of the original and like it a lot, but I see it more as hot summer scent and agree with the "diet" comment - LOL!
While the original can be a little pungent and sligthly harsh on some days, this Extreme version is much powerful in flowers but definetely rounder, smoother, deeper and warmer than the original. It has the stoning headiness of strong white florals without any cheap morphing edge that white florals can have when not balanced. I could bathe in a tub of this and become happily insane! It's very sunny, white floral, but it doesn't seem too beachy to me. I could say this is a sexy scent but it's just my IMO, maybe not a male one. I'm sorry it's so expensive and has poor staying power. It remonds me of Fracas, but less loud and less "loaded".
It is like the promise of summer that spring has in itself.

I love the original and I also love this the extreme version. I find this one smells greener and maybe a bit harsher at the beginning but then it turns into a beautiful fragrance, its summer and jasmine and the garden at night. It has great staying power too I can still smell it at the end of the day. Definately a keeper!

on 5/16/2008 1:04:00 AM

One of my premier scents for summer, CAP Extreme downplays the linden of the original in favor of a more pronounced tuberose. I prefer this to the soliflore Tubereuse from the same line, which is more opaque and fattier. In CAP Extreme, an extremely well integrated pepper note provides enough lift to make the fatty tuberose buoyant and less buttery. There is something of Carnal Flower to this scent, or perhaps it is simply the closest cognate to Carnal Flower that I've encountered, insofar as the similar impressions of tuberose go. The flower's commingling of green and rich notes is likewise elevated beyond the rubbery (something CF does with citrus), suggesting a sense of warm air moving throughout. I don't notice other white florals in this mix, nor do I get much wood beyond what I would designate a very slight note akin to drying hay or bleached driftwood. A salty quality marks the drydown when this earthier phase begins. Like the original CAP, CAP Extreme has an short lifespan if measured in terms of sillage and presence; it becomes a beachy skin scent on me within the hour. The original is more suggestive of spring and is a cooler, daintier fragrance. I like both equally well and find them the best of L'Artisan's abstractions.

on 12/28/2006 1:47:00 PM

This is one of my favorite scents, that has sent me on a quest for anything peppery I can find. The pepper note is overwhelming, yes, but if you love it, there's nothing like it. It dries down to something light, floral and slightly spicy; unusual but delicious. I love it so much, I'd be heartbroken if it were ever discontinued.

on 8/21/2006 3:50:00 AM

Very light and ethereal but with carachter as pashat said before.I've never tested the Original chasse but this have the most lovely top notes for it's kind.A slightly peppered heady traditional flower that sets in a smooth soft tropical heart.It's a bit of a juvenille tuberose,charming nonetheless.Some vanilla for the end rounds thing nicely.I'm surprised but the sillage on this and the lasting power it's rather good.

on 4/17/2006 11:07:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This one worked so much more with my chemistry than the original La Chasse. Although I think the composition of both of them is beautiful, the sexy spicy note in Extreme made it much more wearable for me - the citrus in the original was just a little too girly for me to enjoy it as much. The jasmine in both is impeccable, and they both are beautiful scents, to be sure, but Extreme has the added oomph that makes me feel like a goddess. I am totally in love with this beautiful, balanced, sexy scent.

on 11/11/2005 5:51:00 PM

After ordering samples of the original and the extreme version of LaChasse, I must say the original wins without a doubt. While they both smell very similiar as far as the floral part of it goes, the extreme has that pink pepper that just ruins its for me. It doesn't smell nearly as feminine.To perfect the Extreme, they just should have made the EDP but with exactly the same notes just more concentrated.

Edit: After trying my sample again, this is now up to 5 lippies from 3. I love the spiciness of Extreme.

on 10/24/2005 6:07:00 AM

I adore this fragrance. My only regret about it is having bought it at the tail-end of the summer; I would have loved to get more use out of it during the warmer months. Unlike the original La Chasse, the Extreme lasts on me a good 8 hours. Maller is correct in calling this perfume sultry. That's the perfect word to describe it. On me the jasmine note is particurlarly strong and lingers for quite some time while the tuberose seems to fade first.

on 5/5/2005 9:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Oh why, Oh why did L'Artisan have to go and do this to me. I must get a bottle. I do wish they made it in a 3.4 oz. And I am P.O'ed that the 1.7 oz is more expensive(oh well thatr is the price for greatness). That being said, I adore the original La Chasse. Would never go without it. But this is soooooo nice. They smell very similar but the extreme is just POW, it lasts much longer and smells much stronger. But still remains delicate at the same time. It is a bit more white then the original. I mean I smell more Tubarose in this one. Anywhoooo it is fab and very bottle worthy.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I own the original from a few years ago and can't entirely tell the difference between the two aside from the bottle (miss the old bottle). This is my go-to scent--I absolutely love linden, so I'm not surprised. If there's something similar, and perhaps a bit heavier for fall and winter, I would definitely try it.

Popular Fragrances