L'Artisan Fragrances La Chasse aux Papillons Extreme

Filtered by age: 44-55
No Image

3.7

on 7/17/2009 7:33:00 AM

More trendy variation of original LCP. Floral, sweet, with too much pink pepper for my liking, but all in all not bad: a cheerful, "spring-like", feminine composition.

I don't know do I like LCP (original and this one) any more, because something strange has happened: I really liked LCP before, now there's something annoying in it for me (probably linden).

This one has less linden, what is good, but I would prefer it without pepper notes. Anyway I think it is a pretty, modern feminine fragrance, but I wouldn't buy it.

on 5/16/2008 1:04:00 AM

One of my premier scents for summer, CAP Extreme downplays the linden of the original in favor of a more pronounced tuberose. I prefer this to the soliflore Tubereuse from the same line, which is more opaque and fattier. In CAP Extreme, an extremely well integrated pepper note provides enough lift to make the fatty tuberose buoyant and less buttery. There is something of Carnal Flower to this scent, or perhaps it is simply the closest cognate to Carnal Flower that I've encountered, insofar as the similar impressions of tuberose go. The flower's commingling of green and rich notes is likewise elevated beyond the rubbery (something CF does with citrus), suggesting a sense of warm air moving throughout. I don't notice other white florals in this mix, nor do I get much wood beyond what I would designate a very slight note akin to drying hay or bleached driftwood. A salty quality marks the drydown when this earthier phase begins. Like the original CAP, CAP Extreme has an short lifespan if measured in terms of sillage and presence; it becomes a beachy skin scent on me within the hour. The original is more suggestive of spring and is a cooler, daintier fragrance. I like both equally well and find them the best of L'Artisan's abstractions.

on 12/29/2005 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Just writing this review ...Much better than the first L'chasse,more pep,and deep, I can't believe it but I smell my fav. smelling flower feesia ,yes I do ,wow.

Popular Fragrances