L'Artisan Fragrances La Chasse aux Papillons Extreme

Filtered by age: 30-35
No Image

3.3

on 3/6/2013 2:06:00 PM

My perception of La Chasse has changed in time. At first, I understood it as an innocent, charming, feminine and non-offensive little fragrance bursting with honeysuckle and sunshine in a pastel coloured fairlyland. It was soft and light with a barely there, slightly soapy drydown. Then one day I realised that the fragrance is mainly tuberose on me, and that a coconutty one. Coconut is not one of my favourite notes but it doesn't disturb me here. Only, La Chasse is not the faint representation of innocence and charm anymore. It's a peppery, slightly spicy tuberose fragrance, only more subdued than other examples of the genre. L'Artisan's La Nuit de Tubereuse is one of my favourite fragrances ever, that's why I don't particularly need this one. I use my 15 ml bottle mostly at work but I don't see myself buying another one. 3.5

on 9/4/2009 5:33:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I have spent the last three days sampling this fragrance and now that my sample is almost empty, I can confirm my initial reaction: pretty but not full-bottle worthy. The scent is very flowery with a hint of lemon in a very romantic and ladylike way-not fun and girly. However, I find it a bit one-dimensional, as it does not really evolve but just fades. Which brings us to my main concern: the staying power. As this is supposed to be the "extreme" version, I expected to last on my rather dry skin for more that 2-3 hours ( last hour being a very weak, close-to-skin scent). Overall, nice and feminine but nothing memorable.

on 8/21/2006 3:50:00 AM

Very light and ethereal but with carachter as pashat said before.I've never tested the Original chasse but this have the most lovely top notes for it's kind.A slightly peppered heady traditional flower that sets in a smooth soft tropical heart.It's a bit of a juvenille tuberose,charming nonetheless.Some vanilla for the end rounds thing nicely.I'm surprised but the sillage on this and the lasting power it's rather good.

I am surprised I liked this. It was a gift from a wonderful MUA'er... and I have tried about 3 frags she has sent me. This one is from a decant, and therefore I rated it 1 and 1 for price and packaging. I don't know.

The top notes are a woodsy almost tabacco floral. I had to read the reviews to figure out what they were (tuberose and jasmine). I can now smell the jasmine but I don't know what tuberose smells like. So you have the top notes for about 1/2 hour and then you start a long drydown. NO MID NOTES!

The drydown is a lovely masculine sort of musty atticky scent (similar to grandma's attic) with the woodsy tobacco scent. I smelled the drydown for hours and hours (about 7-9 hrs) and my daughter loved it too.

I just refreshed it a minute ago and it's been fun to experience it again. Nothing overwhelming or in your throat and gagging you because the florals are not heady. It's a very controlled and grounded fragrance... I would totally get this when I'm out and about.

on 6/13/2005 7:56:00 AM

Err... I have been wearing a sample of the regular La Chasse for a couple of days and was excited to find out what the Extreme would be like! So, passing by the L'Artisan boutique in Marylebone High Street, I sprayed some regular on my wrist and some Extreme on my other wrist. As soon as we got out we tested it. Sniff. Nothing. My friend tried and she couldn't smell anything either. Meanwhile the regular version was as vibrant as ever! We decided there was something wrong with the bottle - maybe they ran out of perfume and replaced it with water! Well then, a bit later at Liberty I decided to try again in case they had a better bottle. Again, I just could not smell anything at all! Extreme? Hardly! This is the strangest reaction I have ever had to a perfume.

on 5/5/2005 9:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Oh why, Oh why did L'Artisan have to go and do this to me. I must get a bottle. I do wish they made it in a 3.4 oz. And I am P.O'ed that the 1.7 oz is more expensive(oh well thatr is the price for greatness). That being said, I adore the original La Chasse. Would never go without it. But this is soooooo nice. They smell very similar but the extreme is just POW, it lasts much longer and smells much stronger. But still remains delicate at the same time. It is a bit more white then the original. I mean I smell more Tubarose in this one. Anywhoooo it is fab and very bottle worthy.

Popular Fragrances