Qiora - Slow Down Massage Cream

3.0

1 review

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Ok, first off, I have to give major thanks to MUA for sending this my way to try, so thank you!

Unfortunately, while I wish I could give this product a great review, I can't. So here's my 0.02 about this product from Shiseido's Qiora line:

The Qiora line is supposed to be based upon aromatherapy and touch, allowing the user to achieve a deeper sense of calm.

I received a full-sized Slow Down Massage Cream to try, which is an extremely rich, thick (think Crisco, but not greasy) cream to be used as a facial massage tool. Despite the fact that it's supposed to be a line based on aromatherapy, I found that there was no real scent to this product.

The first thing that struck me was the amount of instructions that came with this product. Lengthy instructions are great when you're assembling electronics or kids' toys, NOT when you're applying a facial cream.

The instructions tell you:
* how to apply the cream (warm it between your hands before application).

* how to massage it in properly (the cream is supposed to thicken as you massage, encouraging you to "slow down", ergo its name).

*to gently tissue the cream off when done.

Quite frankly, I didn't want to tissue off ANYthing after going through such trouble!

Personally, I don't care for any skincare that requires so much direction, nor do I have the time for it. Perhaps this line might be for those who like La Mer, but not for people who are on the go.

As for its price, I can't comment since this was a gift, and I can't find any price for it online, but I would venture to say that it will be high in price.

Again, while I appreciated being one selected to try a new product, this is not one I'd go out and buy voluntarily. continued >>