Olay Sensitive Skin Foaming Face Wash [DISCONTINUED]

Olay Sensitive Skin Foaming Face Wash [DISCONTINUED]
Sensitive Skin Foaming Face Wash [DISCONTINUED]Enter TitleSensitive Skin Foaming Face Wash [DISCONTINUED]

New Ingredients: Olay Gentle Clean Foaming Cleanser (reformulated as of 08/2016): Water, Glycerin, Sodium Myristoyl Sarcosinate, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, PEG-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycol Distearate, Polyquaternium-10, Phenoxyethanol, Citric Acid, Cocamide MEA, Disodium ETA, DMDM Hydantoin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf ExtractOld ingredients (Olay Foaming Face Wash, Sensitive Skin): Water, Glycerin, Sodium Myristoyl Sarcosinate, PEG 120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) (Leaf Juice), Polyquaternium 10, PEG 150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, Glycol Distearate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide MEA, Laureth 10, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, DMDM Hydantoin.
This has been reformulated as of 08/2016 with slightly different ingredients and a new name: Olay Gentle Clean Foaming Cleanser. Please review the new formula here: https://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=189419
Olay reviews, photos and discussion

on 2/1/2017 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I decided to try this after reading the reviews about how it's similar to Acne.org's cleanser, but Olay's should be less drying? I found after a few washes and a couple of days, it felt like it was leaving a film on my skin. I also started to get some small breakouts appearing (cheek area) so combining that with the "film" like feel, I'm not impressed. I did like that it had no scent at all and the consistency was great and foamed well. I don't think it was cleaning my skin/stripping the oils off my skin as well as Acne.org's cleanser, unfortunately. But I think it's worth a try if you find Acne.org's cleanser a bit drying. (old formula - now renamed Gentle clean foaming cleanser). Originally reviewed this: November 17, 2014

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have really sensitive skin. This doesn't make me break out but it doesn't clean my face properly either, still have more than 3/4 of the bottle left

This is very mild, some might really like the texture since it's not drying either,

Didn't irritate my skin or dry it out (initially). Broke me out over time. Not sure if I this gave me contact dermatitis after a few weeks of use..

on 7/6/2016 8:46:00 PM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Love this cleanser. I've been using it for years and have repurchased over 6-7 times. It is extremely gentle and great for all skin types. I use it after removing my makeup with wipes or micellar water and it leaves my skin soft and clean. It's a great budget friendly, gentle cleanser that gets the job done. Totally recommend

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have used this once daily for years. It works well, no problems. My skin does feel dry right after using this, but not extremely so. It washes off my mineral makeup effectively.

on 2/21/2016 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I get the one in the pump. I really like this cleanser. It's great for my super sensitive skin. It's fragrance free and takes off all my makeup, including waterproof mascara, with ease. I tried other cleansers but keep coming back to this one.

I have previously reviewed this product and I gave it good marks. After using it for about six months I have changed my review. You really don't know how much residue this product is leaving on your face until you try another cleanser! I once thought this was the greatest product because of it's gentleness. I was out of it recently and I tried another drugstore cleanser (Eucerin Hydrating/sensitive). After using the Eucerin I was astonished! I realized that the Olay was leaving a film! It's almost comparable to using bar soap and then switching to a liquid cleanser. You can FEEL the residue from Olay.
Pluses: The cost is great. There is no fragrance. The product comes in a tamper-proof tube. The product is easily available at all drugstores. It is not drying.
The Negatives: It leaves a residue which will potentially clog pores with continued use.
After examining the ingredients, I see just one true cleansing ingredient (surfactant) which is Sodium Laureth Sulfate. It is way down toward the bottom of the list. That explains the fact that this product doesn't clean very well. If you don't wear any makeup or heavy sunscreen this would be suitable. Otherwise, keep looking.

on 12/29/2015 3:50:00 PM

I used this cleanser to clean my face in the morning and at bedtime, every day for the last couple of months.

Pros: It does its job of cleansing the face. It has a mild scent, it's not irritating and never broke me out.

Cons: It's difficult to squeeze out the product when the tube is reaching the end. I would've preferred if it were in a pump.

I used this foaming ace wash at one time and I loved it but I wanted to search around and I wound up coming back to it. Here is why I love it . You get a lot of product I'm talking 7oz of sensitive foaming cleanser . It comes in a pump or a squeeze tube. I love the squeeze tube because I think it is great for travel. It is unscented and a little goes a long way and the price it is around $5.00 and sold almost everywhere . And it removes my makeup gently. Let me say that again it removes all of my makeup gently every last bit of a makeup from my full face of makeup . I have combined this cleanser with the St. Ives apricot scrub if I want to exfoliate maybe once or twice a week. I really think this is a hidden gem . I have combination/oily skin and it works for me skin perfectly.

on 1/12/2016 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Broke me out like crazy. Not for me.