no images

Reviews

3.0
from

10 months ago

First off I didn't buy this book but borrowed it from the library to read Bc I'm not the type of person who ever buys books Bc you just read it once & it's just sitting there taking up precious space in your home gathering dust! LOL! I agree with the last reviewer of this book! It's a good read & I like reading books written by dermatologists! She talks about different skin issues & remedies for them ! & I have borrowed other books written by dermatologists too like dr Murad & perricone & dr gross & dr denese !

About reviewer (236 reviews)

SkinNormal

HairBlack

EyesBlack

10 years ago

Very helpful little book. Certainly not anything that you can't get off the Internet but she makes great recommendations for all kinds of problems not just acne and rosacea. She also talks about skin conditions that are a harbinger of deeper medical concerns-something I knew NOTHING about! And the checklist for a "skin" first aid kit: invaluable! Worth having on hand.

About reviewer (417 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

2.0

11 years ago

I am an avid library goer, so once again, it is dirt cheap to go to your local library. I have KP and was glad to see a book addressing my condition. I was looking for specific advice on KP on the face since my chin is riddled with scales that never seem to clear or go away regardless of the products I use. Finally somebody who will shed some light! I read it cover to cover and was disappointed by the end. It told me nothing new, shed no light on the condition, and continiously shilled her products. After some thought I realized I could have written this book based upon my experience with KP since the age of eleven! I give it two lippies since if you know nothing about KP it is a good primer. Though I do think it is a massive fail on the part of the doctor, and shame on her for not adding anything to her chosen field and specialty.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

2.0

14 years ago

Another book by another dermatologist. Don't they all start sounding the same? I picked this up because it had a lot of info on certain skin conditions and gave product recommendation. I didn't think it would be a glorified book about her products. Plus, I couldn't even make an appointment to see her. Her manager said she doesn't have a practice. I was visiting family in Kansas and was going to see her. So, I guess you can buy the book but don't dare try to actually see the "derma doctor". Shameful

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily

HairBlond

from

14 years ago

this is a good skincare book. i like to read about skin care and skin health so for me this is a good book to have in my library. i like that it's written by a dermatologist and covers every skin topic out there.

About reviewer (369 reviews)

Age

SkinAcne-prone, Dark, Warm

HairBrown, Kinky, Coarse

15 years ago

I read this book religiously. GREAT tips and VERY informational and EASY to read. Because of this book, I know what to look for when I buy skincare products. My only gripe about it is the small product selection when recommending which products to use for certain treatments. Only a few brands were mentioned when I know there are tons more out there that can get the job done just as effectively. I thought it would have been better had the offered a greater variety of products to choose from. Other than that, book is great. One of my favorite reads.

About reviewer (58 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination

HairBlack

15 years ago

Absolutely love this book! It is well written and addresses almost any skin concern and condition you can think of. It also contains specific product recommendations so you can put your newfound knowledge to work in addressing any concerns you may have regarding your skin. It has already saved me a trip to the dermatologist by answering a question that I had not found addressed in any other format. Best of all, I discovered the Dermadoctor web site by reading the book.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesBlue

15 years ago

I've read every derm book out there...Dr. Gross, Dr. Denese, Murad, etc... and this is the BEST! She writes well, expert information, and SO up to date. I recommend this for everyone who cares about their skin.

About reviewer (387 reviews)

Age44-55