Thymes Limited Fig & Cassis

No Image

4.4

Found the rollerball cologne at Marshalls for $6. I want to go back and buy them out! This is a fresh, green fragrance with some warmth to it. More complex than I expected. I keep going to this every morning and re-applying throughout the day, too. It perks me up and dries down to a more subtle version. I think it has a decent staying power.

Initial disclaimer: I haven't actually bought this yet, I had a generous sample/decant someone gave me. But I would like to buy it.
Here is also proof that when you sample something and aren't so sure about it, keep it around a while and go back to it later, and you will make up your mind.
I get juniper from this. When I first sampled it it was all juniper with a little berry and the possible suggestion of fig leaf somewhere back there. It got a little too medicinal and green on me.
When I came accross the sample again, I tried it again, and what do you know? I like it. I still get more juniper than fig leaf, but it still smells very fresh and lovely. It opens up with juniper, then juniper berry, then the juniper berry turns to a raspberry -like cassis, then fresh, green fig leaf. It's a nice little pick me up and the price is reasonable, too. It's not one of the more sophisticated scents that I like, but definately enjoyable and a nice break from other light fresh fragrances that all sort of smell the same.

on 1/16/2006 4:00:00 PM

I prefer Thymes Fig Leaf & Cassis over Jo Malone's Wild Fig and Cassis primarily because of what happens on the drydown. These both start out delicious, but Malone's figs turn stale and body-odorish, while Thymes Fig Leaf stays fresher. I would like to find a fig and mint frag, though, as the Pre de Provence minted fig soap is even more wonderful than either of the fig-cassis frags just mentioned. Mint is a much better counterpoint to the sweet, weightiness of fig--and that's coming from someone who's crazy about cassis. UPDATE: Upping 4 lippies to 5. This is so well balanced.

on 5/2/2005 10:30:00 PM

I love this fragrance and I get alot of compliments when I wear it too. No one knows what it is they just like it. It is clean and fresh and very different than anything else. It last a long time. I like to wear it only in the summer time.

on 8/22/2004 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This scent really grows on you. The intial scent is very tart and citrusy, then after a few seconds there are some sharp notes that are kind of unpleasant, and then the dry down is fresh, green and clean with some intriguing vanilla notes -- pefectly in between girly and masculine. When I first bought this I wasn't sure I liked it, but now it's a favorite.

on 7/25/2004 11:06:00 AM

This product is a clean scent. Very fresh. Have this stuff in the lotion, and the shower gel. It is great and a best kept secret!

January 24, 2011
I emailed the company and they said this fragrance has been discontinued!

on 8/13/2003 3:13:00 PM

I love this scent! I'm not a big perfume person (I only have two), but I adore this one. It's light and not too floral or powdery. Very crisp and clean.

on 7/9/2003 8:25:00 AM

This is my signature scent. It has a clean scent, feminine without being too "girly". It's very elegant and simple. For a little variation, I like to wear it over vanilla-scented body lotion. UPDATE 3/21/05: Now that I've explored the perfume world more, I have to say I'm disappointed when I come back to this little item. The lasting power is very poor and the scent doesn't morph on my skin. I still think it's nice, but it doesn't wow me anymore.

I love the lotion in this scent. The scent is fresh and strong. I get alot of compliments when I wear it.

on 3/10/2003 5:58:00 PM

This fragrance is pleasant enough, but mainly smells of cassis to my nose. I could get the same effect wearing Philosykos with a dab of L'Occitane Cassissier. Overall, this is a nice scent but nothing ground-moving.

Popular Fragrances