Besame Vanity Case

Besame Vanity Case

4.6

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

It is unfornate that they no longer sell or make the Vanity case. In my ever conquest to find anything old or new with Besame i did happen to come across the last of the Vanity Cases at Los Angeles Vintage store. I was able to get 1 light, 3 mediums and I already had the dark one. According to Gabriela Hernandez, she said they are still good but check the concealer to see how the oils are holding up. Yes, they holding up just fine! I also contacted a young woman who was looking for the Vanity Case and i told her it was like finding gold at sutters creek, but if I came across one I would let her know. I was able to find the lot at this store and contacted her and so i am happy I could please her. Now, the deal of the century,the Vanity Case was originally sold for $60 but I was able to buy the rest of the lot for only $25 a piece now can take out my vanity cases without worry as I have back up now. As the self proclaimed Besame Queen (go ahead and ask CEO and founder Gabriela Hernandez) I am glad I was able to help someone and come across the last few. This also happened with the last of the powder Crimson Rouge. Now I have the cream crimson rouge. All this product from Besame is beautiful and will last forever. If anyone is interested in any of the original product by Besame, let me know and when I come across it, I will contact you. Thank you.

on 8/10/2010 6:22:00 PM

Got this during their sale. Light was sold out so I got the dark thinking that I still should be able to use most of it. The metal case is a bit larger than you would expect with a velvet-ish slip cover. No brushes or room to add them in the case. The eyeshadows work very nicely together, I especially like the black (or dark grey) colour. Excellent for smudging out eyeliner. Since the concealer was too dark, I've been using it ask an eyeshadow base. I found that there was minimal creasing during the day. The powder is not really that dark and should be workable on a lot of people who aren't extra pale like me. The only thing about the palette was the blush, very nice and good pigmentation but does not suit me at all. That was a dissappointment but overall, very happy with it.

on 8/7/2008 1:59:00 PM

The compact is beautiful and I got it for only $12 at the Besame sale! The products and compact are much larger than I thought they would be, based on the package size of other Besame cosmetics I've owned. Here are reviews broken down by each individual item in the compact.
Light Concealer: Sheer to medium coverage, good match for use under my eyes. Too sheer/greasy to be used on blemishes.
Light Powder: A little dark but not too much to where it would be noticeable. Texture is good, works well to set makeup.
Soft Pink Blush: Pretty color, soft texture and good pigment. I don't find this blush to be as pigmented as MAC blushes which I like because those can go on too garish on my PPP skin. I've purchased this color before individually and used the entire thing up.
Shimmer Beige Eyeshadow: A lot like MAC Shroom but softer in texture and richer in pigment.
Socialite Brown Eyeshadow: Very pretty brown and very soft. Be careful, these shadows are almost *too* soft and can fall all down your cheeks and under your eyes. This is definitely a "pat" as opposed to "wipe on" eyeshadow. I've used it on the lid and in the crease with successful results either way.
Black Eyeshadow: More grey than black, even when used wet or with MAC Mixing Medium. Even so, I like it as a soft black alternative as black on the lid is way too harsh on my PPP skin. Makes a nice soft "daytime black" liner but may not work well if you are looking for an intense black or have darker skin. Pigmented and soft in texture like all of the other shadows. It would make a nice brow color, however, there is a shimmer and I don't want sparkly eyebrows.

When not on sale, Besame is the biggest rip off going. Sure people say "Oh it's the metal packaging that makes it cost so much, and it's super pigmented!" but I'm not going to be wearing the packaging, and I'm not wowed by the pigmentation either.
And what's with the owners name being on everything? It's not the brand name. Seems sort of narcissistic. IMO it ruins the outside of this pretty compact.
I ordered this in light and received it in dark. I got a refund for it, but I wanted an all in one compact to stash in my purse and now that's sort of out the window. I admit, I also was a little miffed at hearing about everyone else getting comped *and* refunded and not getting comped myself. But oh well.
The eye shadows in this are what everyone orders it for. They truly are gorgeous. Shimmer Beige is very sheer and sparkly, Socialite Brown is a warm sparkly medium brown, and Black is more of a sparkly charcoal color. They blend wonderfully and look good on. *On sale* this compact is worth it. Otherwise, the eye shadows would be easily dupe-able.

I purchased mine on sale, so for all of you who are picking this on on clearance, you won't be sorry. I find myself using everything in my Light case. It comes with a sleeve, which I find very nice--the case is less likely to be marred.

The products are very generous for a palette. The shadows are classic colors and very good quality. The pressed powder is ok for touchups, the concealer excellent, and I even use the Sweet Pink blush if I need a reapplication when out and about. However, I will add that although the blush and concealer apply well and look great, I tend to use them infrequently as they both cause clogged pores and small breakouts for me.

The case itself is exceptional quality. Unlike the other compacts, though, the Vanity Case has Gabriela Hernandez's name on front. IMO, it interferes with the beauty of the flowered motif. The mirror is somewhat small. I have to keep small brushes and and puffs in a separate case as there is no room for applicators.

on 12/15/2008 11:28:00 PM

This is my first Besame product and I'm truly amazed! I ris and I'm so glad I swapped for it...I got the dark palette- and even though the concealer is a little too warm for me, I use a lighter color concealer + moisturizer to change the consistency to a sheer foundation. I love everything in this palette. So convenient. Get it if you still can!

After hearing that the Besame Cosmetics Vanity Case would be limited (due to increase in price of metal), I had to grab one during the GWP. I expected the case to small, thin, almost cassette-like. When I received it, I was blown away! Besame Vanity Case comes with almost full-sized amounts of the products featured: concealor, powder, blush, and three eye shadows. Shades are described well by other reviewers below. I'm just chiming in to say the quality of the Vanity Case - inside and out - is worth the price tag. I purchased the Vanity Case in Light and I'm a MAC C3 for reference. I took one lippie away for the difficulty in opening the case - you do have to push the button down and then crack the lid open. EDIT: The concealor and pigmented powder foundation totally rock. Concealor didn't crease all day. Besame CS said it'll be available next year individually. I've uploaded a pic to this review. HTH!

on 1/8/2008 5:46:00 AM

I was very tentative about buying this product. I'm generally not one for spending a large amount on one piece, and I don't generally wear concealer at all. I have to say that I am simply blown away by the quality of this palette. I received the Light palette, and will break down my review into parts.

Concelear: Until now, I rarely used concealer. This one has changed my mind. Goes on very smooth, blends perfectly, doesn't crease or sink into my pores. Disappears under the powder.

Powder: Though it's not listed as such, this seems to be the same as the Cashmere powder foundation. I got very good coverage out of this, such that I used it as my only foundation on skin (I have ruddy cheeks and always wear foundation). Stays matte for hours, no caking/sinking into pores in my experience.

Blush: I thought this color too pale for me, it looks very, very pale pink in the palette. But it perked up my cheeks just enough. Went on and blended very easily.

Eyeshadows: Shimmer Beige, Socialite Brown, and Black. All of these colors worked very well together, with the Beige lovely as either a highlight or full lid application. These colors go on very, very smoothely, feeling almost creamy, and have great lasting power.

Case: Beautiful gold-tone metal case with burgundy trim. Even the palette on the inside has the burgundy, making it look that little touch more classy. Feels very sturdy in the hand. My only complaint is that the mirror is very small for the case. I also would have wished for a little less of the eye shadows and more of the concealer and powder. I have the feeling I'll run out of those long before iz even really dent the eye shadow.
I highly suggest getting this while you still can. Add a lipstick, mascara and some small brushes, and you'd be set for travel.

OMG!!!! I don't ever find a palette that I use everything in! This is the one!!! I love every product in this baby, and since I got it, I have used it everyday!! It makes me feel glamorous, and lovely, and that's not all! it makes me LOOK glamorous and lovely!!! That's where it's at! the powder and concealer last all day and doesn't break me out at all. It hides flaws but looks soft and refined. The sweet pink is a perfectly soft blusher that looks natural. The eye shadows are amazing! I use all three, and actually use the black pearl as a liner and it's amazing. I use my Smashbox liner brush and wet it a little. It makes the nicest soft defining line. I guess you could say I'm in love..... With the entire LINE!!!!

don't ever go out of business... I will cry.

on 11/9/2007 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

AWESOME Product.
I just took out my big bulky make up bag out of my purse. Why? B/c I dont need it anymore. This is PERFECT for initial application and touch up all day long. I bought the light and it matches my skin very well. I'm a professional so I cant wear a lot of bold colors to work anyway. (I'm in a very stuffy profession and stuffy industry)

Concealer: Matches my skin well, doesnt take much and as long as I dont over use stays out of my creases. Great double as an eyeshadow primer too, b/c this stuff doesnt budge!

Powder: Awesome againg b/c it's the cashmere foundation powder and so when your make up is coming off at the end of the day (unless you are using besame souffle fndn, that stuff doesnt budge)

Blush: I had Sweet Pink in mine, it's perfect for my currently paler skin, light touch of pink and not over powering for the work day.

Eye Shadow: Socialite Brown, Shimmer Beige and Black are include. All perfect for the work day. I like to put the Shimmer Beige on my lid and the brown in my crease, and use the black smudge on my lash line. Will update this weekend in my profile with pics.

Add a little Dusty Rose Besame lipstick and I'm all set for the workday.

Now all I need in my purse for mid day/evening touch ups is my vanity case, some lipstick/lip gloss.
Note black can be used for a more dramatic effect for the evening. ;-)