Beauty Without Cruelty Vitamin C Serum

Beauty Without Cruelty Vitamin C Serum

3.4

Not tested on animals

Purified water, Aloe barbadensis (aloe vera) leaf juice*, polysorbate-60,cetearyl alcohol, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate**, glycerin, hyaluronic acid,panthenol, squalane***, Helianthus annuus (sunflower) oil*, tocopherol acetate,ubiquinone (CoQ10), Calophyllum inophyllum (tamanu) oil, Boswellia carterii(frankincense) oil, Citrus aurantium (neroli) oil, Lavandula angustifolia(highland lavender) oil*, Citrus sinensis (sweet orange) oil*, Rosa canina (rosehip) oil*, Borago officinalis (borage) oil*, Vitis vinifera (grape) seed oil,Macrocystis pyrifera (kelp) extract, Linum usitatissimum (flax) seed oil*,Arnica montana (arnica) extract*, Lavandula angustifolia (lavender) extract*,Camellia sinensis (white tea) extract*, Calendula officinalis (calendula)extract*, glyceryl monolaurate, lemon bioflavonoids, melatonin, tocopherol, soylecithin, Theobroma cacao (cocoa) butter, allantoin, superoxide dismutase, cetylalcohol, glyceryl stearate, amodimethicone, xanthan gum, phenoxyethanol, ethylhexyl glycerin *Organic* * Vitamin C. 21 Organic Content ***Vegetable Source

on 1/16/2012 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I love this stuff. It's lightweight, smells good and give my face a beautiful glow. The ingredient list is chocked full of good ingredients. I think the poster above me that's having the reaction may be reacting to the lavender extract.

Anywho, i love this and will continue to repurchase. Below are the ingredients, hope this helps:

Purified water, Aloe barbadensis (aloe vera) leaf juice*, polysorbate-60,
cetearyl alcohol, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate***, glycerin, hyaluronic acid,
panthenol, squalane**, Helianthus annuus (sunflower) oil*, tocopherol acetate,
glyceryl monolaurate, lemon bioflavonoids, melatonin, tocopherols, Rosa canina
(rose hip) oil*, Borago officinalis (borage) oil*, Vitis vinifera (grape) seed
oil, Macrocystis pyrifera (kelp) extract, Linum usitatissimum (flax) seed oil*,
soy lecithin, Theobroma cacao (cocoa) butter, allantoin, Callophyllum inophyllum
(tamanu) oil, super oxide dismutase, Arnica montana (arnica) extract*, Lavandula
angustifolia (lavender) extract*, Camellia sinensis (white tea) extract*,
Calendula officinalis (calendula) extract*, cetyl alcohol, glyceryl stearate,
amodimethicone, xanthan gum, ubiquinone (CoQ10), phenoxyethanol, ethylhexyl
glycerin, Boswellia carterii (frankincense) oil, Citrus aurantium (neroli) oil*,
Lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil*, Citrus aurantium (sweet orange) oil*.
21% Organic Content. * organic ingredients NOP or ECOCERT, certified by BCS,
CCOF, OTCO, QAI. ** Vegetable Source ***Vitamin C

on 3/21/2009 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I concurr with Onitacy and disagree with the reviewer who wrote that this product sits on the skin. (At least my combination/oily and acne prone skin absorbs in seconds BWC's Vitamin C with CoQ10 Vitality Serum, which I wear daily under moisturizer, sunscreen and makeup.)

I purchased this Beauty Without Cruelty serum to protect my skin from sunscreen and other oxidizing and otherwise questionable products that I use. Despite few favorable reviews, I chose this brand over Avalon Organics because I already am impressed by BWC's shampoo and all day moisturizer, and I generally haven't found Avalon Organics products to be moisturizing enough.

Serums have never worked for me. During my twenties, I experimented with everything from Olay to Creme de la Mer, with zero results. I don't know whether it is the BWC serum itself or the fact that I am now over thirty, but I have actually noticed improvement in both my acne scars and fine lines since using this product, and I haven't broken out, so I will surely repurchase.

I love that the bottle is glass (I am afraid of BPA and other chemicals in plastic) and there is a pump, even if its plastic. I also love that there are no "cones" (silicones) in this product and the price is not outrageous.

What do more experienced fans of antioxidant serum think of this product?

To Read all 5 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/12/2009 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I wanted to incorporate Vit C serum for my sun damaged skin. I used this product months back. First day before sunscreen i applied - it stung..immediately got red rashes in delicate areas like on the cheeks and under the eye area..So i switched to using it during night. Again red rashes. I liked the ingredients in it but so disappointed it didnt work well for me.

on 9/30/2006 9:43:00 AM

I brought this after seeing great reviews.. and i will never buy it again.. it smells weird and feels weird on my skin. i dont even know what it does as it seems to just sit on top of the skin.

on 4/14/2005 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

OUTSTANDING product for a morning glow. I use this at night instead of a night cream bec shea butter is so close to the top of the ingredient list. I wake up with this amazing glow and super soft skin. Its really made a difference in my skin.