4.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

5 years ago

I'm kind of in awe of this bronzer. As a very experienced makeup user and former makeup artist, I always believed that having shimmer in contour was bad and having a color palette like this one was a waste of money because one of the colors might be odd. This is simply not the case here and I completely underestimated how versatile this compact is. All of the colors are flattering and impart a glowing from within look that is not glittery in the slightest. It's like youth in a pan. Other reviewers have mentioned this product contains glitter. I don't find that to be the case and I think it's a matter of application - using a very dense or wet brush will definitely bring out the metallic qualities, but if just a fluffy synthetic fan or blush brush is used, you will look healthy and awake. I typically swirl all the colors together and apply what's on the brush as a kind of contour, then blend up toward my eyes slightly. Then I take a smaller blush brush, also not dense, and dab a light pink matte color onto the apples. The effect of putting a more matte color on top of shimmer imparts more subtlety and is overall very flattering for professional women who want some color and a little kick. The dark brown is great as a shadow and can be used wet as an eyelisner. The light champagne is a neutral and pretty highlight or all over shadow. The copper also makes a great shadow and can be a statement blush or to add warmth to cheeks. I did find that after about 15 hours of wear, the small amount of shimmer accentuated my large cheek pores slightly. I fixed that by a quick swipe of Nyx HD setting powder and voila, perfect cheeks all the live long day. And I have crazy days. I highly recommend this bronzer quad if you want a set of powders that can be used as a contour, blush, shadow, and liner. Just keep it safe at home because it is very finely milled and will crack if dropped on a hard floor (carpet is ok though... survived this morning). For how many uses I can get out of this one pan and the fact that Jane Iredale doesn't test on animals, the price is well worth it.

About reviewer (101 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

EyesBrown

1.0

6 years ago

This brought me out in a rash and blocked my pores. This is now in the bin. If you want a quality bronzer try Chanel or Clarins - DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS!!!

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair

1.0

6 years ago

I am surprised at the high number of positive reviews for this bronzer as I found it to be complete crap. It is really unbelievable that this bronzer runs for about $60 yet completely fell apart after I had been using it for barely 2 weeks. Of course you can't return a product like this so that's a bunch of cash down the drain. It doesn't even work that well as a bronzer, on me it looked far too glittery and cakey not to mention it highlights larger pores. I'm sticking to drugstore makeup brands from here on out as every higher priced brand I've tried always ends up being a huge disappointment.

About reviewer (55 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

6 years ago

I love this product! I use it as a bronze-y sort of blush, and it gives such a gorgeous glow. This was gifted to me but I will definitely repurchase when I run out. Love!!

About reviewer (4 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

7 years ago

I use this as a highlighter on my face, neck, shoulders. I consider the price as very reasonable considering that I purchased this over a year ago; product will last a very very long time. I highly recommend this.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Coarse

EyesHazel

7 years ago

I love this product and have been using it for years. I have medium/fair skin but tan very dark in the Summer-I can use this product all year long! I find that it gives me a gorgeous glow and is not glittery at all. I love how this product photographs as well-I always look 'glowy'.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium

2.0
from

7 years ago

I received this as a gift with purchase, but this will be a body-only bronzer or eyeshadow for me. It does not suit my fair coloring at all and the flecks of gold are too big to have on my face. This may be wonderful for someone with more olive-toned skin. Bobbi Brown's bronze shimmer brick suits me better.

About reviewer (426 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

8 years ago

Great highlighter I wouldn't use it as a bronzer as it's very shimmery. Looks amazing in real life and photos, adds a glow without being sparkly. The product is extremely fragile and you can't take it anywhere so it's an at home only item...I have had 5 of these and when you get down to the pan the seperate colours loosen and break then you end up with balls of mixed up colour that you can't really use. Having said that I have re purchased it so the use you do get out of it is worth losing about 1/3 of the product when it does break.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesHazel

from

8 years ago

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. Love the colors, I use it for highlighting and eyeshadow.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

3.0

9 years ago

PROS: + the colors are very shimmery - a plus for me, but definitely not for the shy ones. the particles are very small so overall it looks classy, more like glowy + the packaging is nice and there is a lot of product! + the dark brown makes a good eye shadow. the color is not very long-lasting on my oily lids, but the shimmer and a hind of color remain till the evening + good ingredients - no parabens, no talc and other stuff CONS: - very expensive! - the color is to dark for my pale skin - less dark brown and more pink would make it perfect - not long-lasting. the shimmer remains, but not the color. maybe because my skin is oily, but i do apply it on top of my BE mineral foundation... all in all, it's just a good but expensive shimmer

About reviewer (14 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium