Dior Skinflash Radiance Booster Pen-002 Candlelight

Dior Skinflash Radiance Booster Pen-002 Candlelight
Christian Dior Candlelight

on 3/30/2016 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For the last 2 years I`ve re-purchased L Oreal`s copy-cat concealer Visible Lift Serum Age-Reversing Concealer and was generally satisfied. That product costs approx. 15.00 Canadian but the Dior, costs $48.00. Huge price difference, is it worth it? Yes, if you are going to splurge on a luxury product anyway. The Dior doesn`t cake up in fine lines around the eyes and has a lovely glow to the finish. It really does look more natural even if you go heavy with the application. I like to buy Dior if I know I`m also going to get something extra, like points on my points card or a freebie. Unfortunately, no freebies this time. Dior seems to have a new policy where if you buy 3 products you can get some goodies. This is new and was not always so. Better if they gave you something to try so that you can go out and get acquainted with their products and then splurge some more, no?

on 2/14/2016 8:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Tried this in shades 001 and 002. It smells like their big mascara, like roses, which l like. 001 is pink-toned, 002 is yellow toned. Both work on my NC20 skin. They are great for getting rid of fine lines at the corner of the eyes, brightening around the eyes and good at eliminating greeny veins. 001 l found more highlighting than 002. This is to do with undertones, although as a concealer 002's base is more natural. The only annoying thing is that l have crazily dark circles that they couldn't cover. I applied them last, after powder, and they pulled off my heavy duty MAC studio finish. Not great for layering. I had to go back in with my MAC.

To Read all 83 Reviews, Login or Join

Great finish. Doesn't crease, natural finish. I use it with Dior's bb cream. Doesn't create lines. The packaging is very luxurious, and application is easy. Love it!

on 8/19/2014 7:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

it's nice, but a bit too light for me, it barely highlights anything!

prefer the YSL touche éclat

on 4/16/2014 8:51:00 AM

The product itself is flawless!When i first bought it i was looking for a highlighter to boost my natural glow and this is exactly what it did.However,it lasted ONE MONTH.I haven't even used it every day.If you have the funds to splurge,the pen is great but else it's not worth the money.

on 3/28/2013 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

For those who think their pen ran out early -- it probably just needs to be shaken and the knob twisted a few more times. The mechanism isn't well-made. If you don't get the twisting and shaking just right, either nothing comes out or you get a blob of stuff. So annoying!!

Yet, the product is very good for dark areas, and as a subtle highlighter. I love it best as a liner for my upper lip, -- after foundation and before lipstick/gloss -- to give some sparkle and make my lips look fuller. The color for #2 is just right for my fair skin, and is irridescent and translucent without being too shiny.

The pen itself is so annoying to get product out of, however, that I already bought a Laura Mercier highlighting pen when I thought this one was running out and will try that next instead.

Edit: Had to add an additional lippie because the color and transparency worked so well! (For me, the Laura Mercier didn't work (too flat and pink) but my daughter "borrowed" that one permanently:)) It's not on my rebuy list for now -- looking for a similar product in a more healthy/organic formulation.

on 3/25/2013 2:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Ok, the verdict is in, this is the best highlighting product I have found. I have tried YSL touche, Maybelline dream lumi (that one is in second place!), MAC prep + prime highlighter, Rimmel match perfection, and L'oreal magic lumi.
I use these products to highlight the inner corner/brow bone and sometimes for dark circles. Every single one caused millia under my eyes, I mean every one of them - except the Dior. Very pricey but worth it IMO, it's great for a youthful glow. I also found after using it for a few months my undereye area looked brighter/clearer in general. Very nice product, highly recommend.
If you are on a budget, check out Maybelline dream lumi which is also great.

on 12/5/2012 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Of the concealer/highlighter hybrids out there this one falls into more of the highlighter variety. Less coverage than YSL Touch Eclat and Chanel Stylo Eclat Lumiere, which are two of the highlighter pens that I've used previously. This feels like a product to add to an existing concealer, something I don't want to do. I like a does it all type.

I love concealers with some shimmer in it for the light reflective, wide awake aspect and this has a subtle amount, less than Armani's High Precision concealer. It added a nice glow that's wasn't incredibly obvious. This color was a good match for my pale skin (Laura Mercier TM in Porcelain, Armani LSF in No.2, MUFE Duo Mat Powder Foundation in 200), and even with the slight warm undertone it didn't look strange against my cooler tones. It has a very thin, lightweight consistency, and a smooth, silicone based texture that spreads and blends really well and feels like nothing once its on. One click covered both under eye areas with some left over. But since it's not buildable at all that's kind of pointless given that any amount I use, be it tiny or layered, results in the same sheer coverage. That sheerness and the shimmer drew attention to my circles instead of concealing them.

It wore all day without creasing or settling oddly, though it did noticeably start to disappear after about four hours so that I felt like my dark circles were showing through. The packaging is fine, along the same lines as every other pen highlighter out there. I did have to turn the dial and click it about sixty times to get the product out initially, and after that it dispensed normally. I don't actually apply it straight to my skin because of keeping the brush hygienic so I just dab a separate clean concealer brush to the attached dispenser brush and apply it that way.

I was only able to use this about four times before I experienced a terrible reaction under both eyes and my eye lids. My eyes became swollen, red, and I had hives that burned terribly. That's never happened to me with any concealer before so I must be extremely sensitive to an ingredient in here. I use Dior cosmetics regularly, powder, blushes, eyeshadows, etc. with nothing but good results so it must be a fluke. It was the only thing different I added to my routine so I'm certain this concealer is to blame.

I tried this before I bought and fell in love with Armani's High Precision Retouch and ending up returning the Dior. Even discounting the bad reaction I had with the Dior, this still didn't work well as a concealer, and it wasn't long wearing enough for me to like it as a highlighter. Lots of flaws with this one, but luckily I ended up finding my perfect concealer.

on 11/30/2012 1:05:00 PM

This is very lightweight and really illuminates dark areas. The pen is expensive, I am only on my first one- so not sure on how long this will last.
It is good for people that do not want heavy coverage from concealer.
It does not settle into creases! and illuminates!

on 11/11/2012 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a little peachy, gives a sheen and does not cover too much... To me, this is almost like a cream without any coverage...some kind of illuminator..? BUT it is not illuminating enough to act as such a one either... In that way this is something in between...

I suppose this is enough for those with better skintypes, I have quite dark undereye circles, that I wanted to hide... And the other areas I sometimes need to hide are blemishes...and both these two areas need more pigmented coverage...

I could use this as a illuminator, but this gives sooo little sheen, that I'd rather buy a highlighter then....

I do like the shade though, it melts in and is quite neutral. Compared to Clinique Airbrush concealer this one is less covering and more sheen, with a little more pink in the color...