3.7

price range

Reviews

3.0

3 years ago

I like this but something about it hits me right in the back of the throat :(. Lasting power is excellent-- and I like the incense smell combined with something OTHER than vanilla. Yawn. But all in all this leaves me smelling like pumpkin pie seasoning. Nice, but I get my fill of it rather quickly. Can't think of a single dupe. As an aside bn9 just had another price increase recently. The ambitious pricing annoys me bc I don't feel they are on par with creed or guerlain. I also don't think the packaging on the whole screams luxe fragrance but these are jmo

About reviewer (123 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBrown

3 years ago

I received a nice Bon Bon sized spray of this from a friend and I'm glad she chose this one for me. It's not one I'd choose for myself but it intrigued me from the first time I sprayed it on. It is a lot more like an "old lady" perfume than I normally like--a bit powdery and woody-floral. But I really like it! It smells warm, spicy, and sophisticated to me. The dry down is fantastic and really mellows into a warm, smooth skin scent. I don't smell any fruit or floral, although it's supposed to have those elements. That said, I don't think I'd buy it if I ran out because it's not something I'd wear enough to justify the price. But I do love my little bottle of it.

About reviewer (79 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

2.0

4 years ago

I'm a fan of West Side. This did nothing for me. Floral and powdery like baby powder. It also doesn't last on me at all. I have to press my nose against my skin to smell any of it. Nobody comments on it. The fragrance from hand lotion completely covered it up. Not worth the price.

About reviewer (22 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Olive

HairBrunette

EyesBlack

6 years ago

This is Piguet's Fracas without the bitch slap: a kinder, gentler tuberose. There's a woody note to it as well, cedar or sandalwood, I can't decide. Quite possibly both. And hiding deep in the drydown is a very civilized patchouli, a scent I usually associate with hippies who think it's an adequate replacement for a shower. Here it adds a little bit of earthiness that tuberose needs to keep its feet on the ground. I love Fracas but I have difficulty wearing it, not least because every time I do my husband complains. This smooth and creamy alternative is a welcome addition to my collection.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Other, Medium

7 years ago

One of my favorites -- a soft gourmand. Chinatown is absolutely delicious -- awesome! -- and I love love love it -- but I have no idea how to describe it. I've held off reviewing this big megahit from Bond No. 9, just for that reason -- I can't really describe it well. I think it's one of their top sellers, and I think it has won awards. It's very unique -- like nothing else on today's market. The scent is soft, sweet, and gourmandy, to my nose. It's like a peachy-vanilla gourmand with a wide variety of florals and other notes in there -- I really don't know what they are. But they combine into one delicious perfume. This is a rich feminine scent in a gorgeous pink bottle. For a richer, deeper, more woody version of this same basic scent, try Bond No. 9 Andy Warhol Lexington Ave. I consider Chinatown more a Spring/Summer version and Lexington Ave more a Fall/Winter version of much the same gourmandy scent. I love 'em both! ADDENDUM 6/17/15: I just read on coolspotters.com (from article from magazine "Nashville Style" Dec 2013) that this is the favorite perfume of pretty blonde Kimberly Perry, of the country siblings group, "The Band Perry". She says it's powdery and not overwhelming. I think it fits her -- soft, feminine, sweet, and pretty.

About reviewer (285 reviews)

Age

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

8 years ago

This smells so sophisticated to my nose. I tend to like oriental fragrances. Not particularly fond of floral scents. Chinatown immediately won my heart in that it smells like a floral concoction with a base of incense. Not familiar with all the notes in it, but I detect a hint of peach and can definitely pick up on the patchouli, which is fantastic without smelling like some hippy. A smooth blend of deliciousness. Breathtakingly intoxicating in the warmth of summer nights. Worthy of a full bottle. Speaking of which, the bottle design is very nice.

About reviewer (30 reviews)

SkinCombination, Dark, Warm

HairBlack, Kinky, Coarse

1.0

8 years ago

This is spicy in a tandoori soup kind of way. Every time I've tried this (it contains some of my favorite notes, tuberose & gardenia), the floral notes have never emerged. Although I LOVE the bottle, this perfume is not for me! My best friend smelled it on me & fell head-over-heals in love! I wish I was able to appreciate it. Maybe in time (with her wearing it) it will grow on me.

About reviewer (276 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

2.0
from

8 years ago

overrated, for one. ALSO, those woody basenotes are just too prominent. I don't find it very feminine at all.

About reviewer (99 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

3.0
from

8 years ago

I don't hate this, but I don't love it. It is nothing like what I thought it would smell like. Bought a sample, and it is musky, but an interesting musk, not a nauseating one. It does not smell floral to me. It is woodsy. I will give it more of a try. On the positive side, I do like Scent of Peace, Madison Square Park, and Central Park West by Bond.

About reviewer (236 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

8 years ago

I think maybe people get more excited about this perfumes status than it's scent. I don't dislike it but I think it gets way too much hype. it smells reminiscent of my favorite thai coconut soup. It is unique and pretty but could never call it my fave.

About reviewer (112 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure