Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy lotion in Orange Ginger

Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy lotion in Orange Ginger

3.6

on 11/23/2003 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I dislike Bath and Body Works products but they always send me those damned coupons I wind up using them and have a stockpile of lotions/creams I have yet to use! I purchased 4 of the Aromatherapy lotions because I really like the bottle -- tall slender glass w/ a thin black pump dispenser but didn't get around to using any until now. Currently in progess is the Orange Ginger scent. I like this as a hand lotion but not a body lotion. For my dry skin, it doesn't do the greatest job of heavy moisturizing but I really like the scent of orange and ginger -- it is spicy and it is strong but the aroma doesn't last long at all. As strong as the scent is, it dissipates w/i literally 5-10 minutes after application. My skin still felt dry afterwards as well. If anything, this would make a nice lotion for a guest bathroom since it's an interesting looking bottle, the pump dispenser makes it more sanitary and everyone who hits your throne will wind up smelling like oranges and ginger instead of god knows what. Not too shabby!

on 8/8/2015 8:52:00 PM

I love a good ginger scented product. My favorites are Trader Joe's Ginger Almond Soap, and Origins Ginger hand lotion. I also work with essential oils, so I'm familiar with the therapeutic benefits and scents, and hoping this one would be decent since the ingredients do contain some real oils (Orange is known to be uplifting and ginger empowering).

This Bath & Body Works Orange Ginger lotion is not my favorite. It actually smells like orange and citronella with some ginger and a hint of pine. I believe there might also be some spearmint oil in here, but I don't think it stands out. Unfortunately the orange and citronella overpower the ginger for me. I can see why some people think it smells like Pledge. Once in a while I will buy the hand soap, since I sometimes like the scent when I'm in the mood for some ginger, and the one from Origins, which I like much better, is insanely expensive. Bath & Body Works does have good coupons so it's worth checking out. The lotion itself is light and silky, absorbs well and moisturizes nicely.

on 9/27/2012 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

The Marriott in Times Square used to stock their bathrooms with this product (as of January 2011- more than 18 months ago). I like citrus (Elizabeth Arden Green Tea, Burt's Bees Citrus Facial Cleanser) so this was right up my alley. My makeupalley. HA!

New York in January was cold and slushy. I was in town for a business trip, working long hours at a consulting firm. Coming back to the Marriott, to my own private cocoon, and luxuriating in the posh bathroom with this warm, light, heavenly-smelling lotion, was very relaxing.

Google is not helping me out with the ingredient list, though. I've become more watchful recently, vetting products against the Environmental Working Group's Skin Deep cosmetics database (which is still a work in progress), or just trying to figure out how many dubious molecules are in the formula. Given the scarcity of information out there for this product, I would shy away from buying it.

But I would totally nab it from hotel bathrooms.

on 9/9/2012 7:18:00 AM

Liked it at first, but I agree it smells like a home cleaner.

on 3/21/2011 9:39:00 PM

Bath and Body Work's Aromatherapy lotion in Orange Ginger is alright at best because of the aromatherapy effect and the uncommon glass bottle packaging. However, it does not moisturize well enough, does not have skin-glowing effects and if used to moisturize the legs and such, the smell will exit from the room and make people complain. And here I thought aromatherapy scents were universal! Guess not.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

They have these at Marriotts, and I just loooove the scent. I'm partial to citrusy scents, in body lotions and perfumes, so this was right up my alley. It's moisturizing without feeling very greasy, and I might be imagining the aromatherapeutic qualities of this, but it does make me feel good--it makes a great "slather on before bed" kind of lotion. I do get a hint of ginger but for the most part it smells very citrusy.

on 5/30/2010 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

i felt like i needed something to perk me up in the morning. i believe in the value of aromatherapy. this scent makes me happy. it's not too greasy so i can put my clothing on quickly after applying it. i have the shower gel and scrub too. i don't use this on days where i'm wanting to wear perfume (i wear b&bw perfumes mostly) but on just a "regular" day this is perfect!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I first purchased the hand lotion in this scent and liked it so much that I turned right around and bought the lotion and body wash.

This lotion is very light but surprisingly enough it moisturizes very well. I've always been a fan of anything citrusy or orange scented/flavored. I love that it comes in a pretty glass bottle that I can leave on the counter in the bathroom instead of having to toss it under the sink when I'm done. I'll definately repurchase. Layering the bodywash and the lotion really help this scent to last all day.

EDIT: Used this for a couple weeks and ended up taking it back. It just didn't mesh well with my body chemistry..oh well

on 1/26/2009 3:52:00 AM

Great citrus scent. I love the combination of orange and ginger in this product. The lotion is a slightly thicker consistency than the regular BBW body lotions--very moisturizing. I recommend layering this lotion over the body wash. This helps to keep you smelling great longer. And I like the packaging of this product... the glass container and burnt orange color makes it look good enough to set out on my bathroom counter and the pump makes it easy to dispense.

on 1/8/2009 8:51:00 AM

I originally bought this in the hand soap, and have also tried the shower gel, lotion & hand cream. The lotion is light & silky and it absorbs well. It comes in a pretty amber colored pump glass bottle. This scent, orange ginger, reminds me a lot of Annick Goutal's Eau de Hadrien on my skin. It's a little too 'old' and musty for me, maybe it's my chemistry not mixing well with this. I can see how others are getting a furniture-polish scent from this. Sometimes I almost like it, but not quite. It's okay, though, and I like it better in the shower gel & hand soap since it's not as strong and doesn't linger as much.

Popular Lotions / Creams