Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy lotion in Orange Ginger

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy lotion in Orange Ginger

3.6

on 8/8/2015 8:52:00 PM

I love a good ginger scented product. My favorites are Trader Joe's Ginger Almond Soap, and Origins Ginger hand lotion. I also work with essential oils, so I'm familiar with the therapeutic benefits and scents, and hoping this one would be decent since the ingredients do contain some real oils (Orange is known to be uplifting and ginger empowering).

This Bath & Body Works Orange Ginger lotion is not my favorite. It actually smells like orange and citronella with some ginger and a hint of pine. I believe there might also be some spearmint oil in here, but I don't think it stands out. Unfortunately the orange and citronella overpower the ginger for me. I can see why some people think it smells like Pledge. Once in a while I will buy the hand soap, since I sometimes like the scent when I'm in the mood for some ginger, and the one from Origins, which I like much better, is insanely expensive. Bath & Body Works does have good coupons so it's worth checking out. The lotion itself is light and silky, absorbs well and moisturizes nicely.

on 9/9/2012 7:18:00 AM

Liked it at first, but I agree it smells like a home cleaner.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This lotion has a lovely fresh, energising fragrance, perfect for those early mornings when all you feel like doing is crawling back into bed. The lotion is light and non greasy, is absorbed instantly and leaves skin hydrated and lightly fragranced. Its ideal for the hot tropical city I live in but might not be moisturising enough for a severe, cold and dry winter.

on 6/5/2011 12:21:00 PM

Good lotion. Love the smell, but the smell doesn't last very long. Beautiful bottle though. I definitely plan on keeping the beautiful brown glass bottle once I run out. Probably wouldn't buy for myself, but I enjoyed receiving it as a gift.

on 3/21/2011 9:39:00 PM

Bath and Body Work's Aromatherapy lotion in Orange Ginger is alright at best because of the aromatherapy effect and the uncommon glass bottle packaging. However, it does not moisturize well enough, does not have skin-glowing effects and if used to moisturize the legs and such, the smell will exit from the room and make people complain. And here I thought aromatherapy scents were universal! Guess not.

on 2/2/2011 12:23:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Out of all of BBW's products, I love their aromatherapy line the most. Orange ginger was one of the first scents I tried, and I still love it to this day! I love the lotion and the beautiful glass bottle it comes in. It's light without feeling greasy, and is a perfect light moisturizer for the summer. A bit too light for the winter, but perfect, light, and fresh smelling for the summer!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

They have these at Marriotts, and I just loooove the scent. I'm partial to citrusy scents, in body lotions and perfumes, so this was right up my alley. It's moisturizing without feeling very greasy, and I might be imagining the aromatherapeutic qualities of this, but it does make me feel good--it makes a great "slather on before bed" kind of lotion. I do get a hint of ginger but for the most part it smells very citrusy.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I first purchased the hand lotion in this scent and liked it so much that I turned right around and bought the lotion and body wash.

This lotion is very light but surprisingly enough it moisturizes very well. I've always been a fan of anything citrusy or orange scented/flavored. I love that it comes in a pretty glass bottle that I can leave on the counter in the bathroom instead of having to toss it under the sink when I'm done. I'll definately repurchase. Layering the bodywash and the lotion really help this scent to last all day.

EDIT: Used this for a couple weeks and ended up taking it back. It just didn't mesh well with my body chemistry..oh well

on 6/20/2009 7:37:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I just bought this yesterday. I saw this lotion when I was looking through my best friend's purse and so when I saw it at BBW yesterday, I just had to have it! It works really well and it smells great! The scent is really calming. Although at first, you might think it smells like one of those moist towelettes you get at restaurants, once it sets, you'll see just how much you'll really like the scent! I think it's probably a little thicker than the other lotions available at BBW & I think that's probably why it works so well. Definitely going to buy this again! :)

on 1/26/2009 3:52:00 AM

Great citrus scent. I love the combination of orange and ginger in this product. The lotion is a slightly thicker consistency than the regular BBW body lotions--very moisturizing. I recommend layering this lotion over the body wash. This helps to keep you smelling great longer. And I like the packaging of this product... the glass container and burnt orange color makes it look good enough to set out on my bathroom counter and the pump makes it easy to dispense.

Popular Lotions / Creams