Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy lotion in Orange Ginger

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy lotion in Orange Ginger

3.2

on 10/4/2005 10:55:00 AM

At FIRST I loved the scent but then I got it home and realized that it smells just like FURNITURE POLISH. All I can think of when I put it on is this very heavy polishing creme by Old English that my mother used to use. GROSS.

on 9/27/2012 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

The Marriott in Times Square used to stock their bathrooms with this product (as of January 2011- more than 18 months ago). I like citrus (Elizabeth Arden Green Tea, Burt's Bees Citrus Facial Cleanser) so this was right up my alley. My makeupalley. HA!

New York in January was cold and slushy. I was in town for a business trip, working long hours at a consulting firm. Coming back to the Marriott, to my own private cocoon, and luxuriating in the posh bathroom with this warm, light, heavenly-smelling lotion, was very relaxing.

Google is not helping me out with the ingredient list, though. I've become more watchful recently, vetting products against the Environmental Working Group's Skin Deep cosmetics database (which is still a work in progress), or just trying to figure out how many dubious molecules are in the formula. Given the scarcity of information out there for this product, I would shy away from buying it.

But I would totally nab it from hotel bathrooms.

on 10/12/2011 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Absolutely stinks. Smells like furniture polish. Gave me a headache.

I'm a little sensitive to actual perfumes, so I strictly buy only scented body washes, lotions and sprays like those at Bath and Body Works and similar stores.
I've found overall that layering a body wash followed by a body lotion often gives enough scent that lasts all day. (I work from 11 a.m. until 8 p.m. and I find that these scents last long after I get home from work.) When I going out or I'm wearing a particularly light scent, I also add the body wash and sometimes even mix scents.
Now, for the Aromatherapy lotion. I purchased the body wash and lotion hoping it would help wake me up and energize me each morning, since I'm not exactly a morning person. It did the job and I love the scent, though, as other reviewers said, it is strongly citrus.
I seem to get more "aromatherapy" from applying the lotion than when using the body wash in the shower, though.
I also am very pleased with the packaging of the lotion, which comes in a glass bottle with a pump.
Though the prices are exactly the best at Bath and Body Works, you can get some pretty good deals when they have sales.
I just hope they don't eventually ditch this scent/line like they have so many other products.

It's just your basic lotion, but the smell is FABULOUS! It makes me think of Froot Loops cereal. And I love the pump bottle that it comes in. It makes you think of a prescription type of lotion. I'm definitely re-using the bottle when I run out of lotion. :)

Sometimes I really want my scented lotion to stick with me throughout the day. This is a very strong scent that doesn't fade much as the day goes on. I like the combination of orange and ginger, and I think I do feel more energized when I use it. Good moisturization, bad glass bottle.

Popular Lotions / Creams