Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy lotion in Orange Ginger

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy lotion in Orange Ginger

3.6

on 8/8/2015 8:52:00 PM

I love a good ginger scented product. My favorites are Trader Joe's Ginger Almond Soap, and Origins Ginger hand lotion. I also work with essential oils, so I'm familiar with the therapeutic benefits and scents, and hoping this one would be decent since the ingredients do contain some real oils (Orange is known to be uplifting and ginger empowering).

This Bath & Body Works Orange Ginger lotion is not my favorite. It actually smells like orange and citronella with some ginger and a hint of pine. I believe there might also be some spearmint oil in here, but I don't think it stands out. Unfortunately the orange and citronella overpower the ginger for me. I can see why some people think it smells like Pledge. Once in a while I will buy the hand soap, since I sometimes like the scent when I'm in the mood for some ginger, and the one from Origins, which I like much better, is insanely expensive. Bath & Body Works does have good coupons so it's worth checking out. The lotion itself is light and silky, absorbs well and moisturizes nicely.

on 10/12/2011 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Absolutely stinks. Smells like furniture polish. Gave me a headache.

on 6/5/2011 12:21:00 PM

Good lotion. Love the smell, but the smell doesn't last very long. Beautiful bottle though. I definitely plan on keeping the beautiful brown glass bottle once I run out. Probably wouldn't buy for myself, but I enjoyed receiving it as a gift.

on 2/2/2011 12:23:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Out of all of BBW's products, I love their aromatherapy line the most. Orange ginger was one of the first scents I tried, and I still love it to this day! I love the lotion and the beautiful glass bottle it comes in. It's light without feeling greasy, and is a perfect light moisturizer for the summer. A bit too light for the winter, but perfect, light, and fresh smelling for the summer!

on 1/8/2009 8:51:00 AM

I originally bought this in the hand soap, and have also tried the shower gel, lotion & hand cream. The lotion is light & silky and it absorbs well. It comes in a pretty amber colored pump glass bottle. This scent, orange ginger, reminds me a lot of Annick Goutal's Eau de Hadrien on my skin. It's a little too 'old' and musty for me, maybe it's my chemistry not mixing well with this. I can see how others are getting a furniture-polish scent from this. Sometimes I almost like it, but not quite. It's okay, though, and I like it better in the shower gel & hand soap since it's not as strong and doesn't linger as much.

I'm a little sensitive to actual perfumes, so I strictly buy only scented body washes, lotions and sprays like those at Bath and Body Works and similar stores.
I've found overall that layering a body wash followed by a body lotion often gives enough scent that lasts all day. (I work from 11 a.m. until 8 p.m. and I find that these scents last long after I get home from work.) When I going out or I'm wearing a particularly light scent, I also add the body wash and sometimes even mix scents.
Now, for the Aromatherapy lotion. I purchased the body wash and lotion hoping it would help wake me up and energize me each morning, since I'm not exactly a morning person. It did the job and I love the scent, though, as other reviewers said, it is strongly citrus.
I seem to get more "aromatherapy" from applying the lotion than when using the body wash in the shower, though.
I also am very pleased with the packaging of the lotion, which comes in a glass bottle with a pump.
Though the prices are exactly the best at Bath and Body Works, you can get some pretty good deals when they have sales.
I just hope they don't eventually ditch this scent/line like they have so many other products.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

My first purchase at this store - it was free with current GWP. Love the ginger smell with the orange. Ginger smells real and not fake. This is a light lotion that is not overly moisturising but looks great in glass bottle with pump. Need to get more!

on 12/11/2001 11:22:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

normally i am not a big fan of bath and body works products (they smell too sweet for my taste), but a friend dragged me into the store on a recent shopping trip to smell the orange ginger lotion from the aromatherapy line, and i am now hooked. i bought a bottle that day ($12.00), and plan on going back tomorrow to buy more (for myself and christmas gifts for others). this a wonderful scent for those who tend to like unique, clean scents that are not too sweet.

Popular Lotions / Creams