Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy lotion in Orange Ginger

Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy lotion in Orange Ginger

3.8

on 10/12/2011 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Absolutely stinks. Smells like furniture polish. Gave me a headache.

on 10/4/2005 10:55:00 AM

At FIRST I loved the scent but then I got it home and realized that it smells just like FURNITURE POLISH. All I can think of when I put it on is this very heavy polishing creme by Old English that my mother used to use. GROSS.

on 9/9/2012 7:18:00 AM

Liked it at first, but I agree it smells like a home cleaner.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I first purchased the hand lotion in this scent and liked it so much that I turned right around and bought the lotion and body wash.

This lotion is very light but surprisingly enough it moisturizes very well. I've always been a fan of anything citrusy or orange scented/flavored. I love that it comes in a pretty glass bottle that I can leave on the counter in the bathroom instead of having to toss it under the sink when I'm done. I'll definately repurchase. Layering the bodywash and the lotion really help this scent to last all day.

EDIT: Used this for a couple weeks and ended up taking it back. It just didn't mesh well with my body chemistry..oh well

Got a sample 2 oz. of this to try. Not a big citrus scent fan, but the idea of ginger intrigued me. Well, the citrus (orange) overpowers the ginger, and I guess (for me), it just isn't a great combination to begin with.

If you love really strong citrus smells, you will like this very much. If you are not a citrus fan, you will definitely not.

on 3/11/2003 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This scent is the only BBW aromatherapy scent I liked, but after a while even this one got to me so I had to return it. I am pretty sensitive to fragrance and these are so heavily scented that I find them overpowering. It wasn't very moisturizing, and all those essential oils made me itchy. Not for me, but if you find a fragrance you love, the lasting power is there.

on 8/8/2015 8:52:00 PM

I love a good ginger scented product. My favorites are Trader Joe's Ginger Almond Soap, and Origins Ginger hand lotion. I also work with essential oils, so I'm familiar with the therapeutic benefits and scents, and hoping this one would be decent since the ingredients do contain some real oils (Orange is known to be uplifting and ginger empowering).

This Bath & Body Works Orange Ginger lotion is not my favorite. It actually smells like orange and citronella with some ginger and a hint of pine. I believe there might also be some spearmint oil in here, but I don't think it stands out. Unfortunately the orange and citronella overpower the ginger for me. I can see why some people think it smells like Pledge. Once in a while I will buy the hand soap, since I sometimes like the scent when I'm in the mood for some ginger, and the one from Origins, which I like much better, is insanely expensive. Bath & Body Works does have good coupons so it's worth checking out. The lotion itself is light and silky, absorbs well and moisturizes nicely.

on 3/21/2011 9:39:00 PM

Bath and Body Work's Aromatherapy lotion in Orange Ginger is alright at best because of the aromatherapy effect and the uncommon glass bottle packaging. However, it does not moisturize well enough, does not have skin-glowing effects and if used to moisturize the legs and such, the smell will exit from the room and make people complain. And here I thought aromatherapy scents were universal! Guess not.

on 1/8/2009 8:51:00 AM

I originally bought this in the hand soap, and have also tried the shower gel, lotion & hand cream. The lotion is light & silky and it absorbs well. It comes in a pretty amber colored pump glass bottle. This scent, orange ginger, reminds me a lot of Annick Goutal's Eau de Hadrien on my skin. It's a little too 'old' and musty for me, maybe it's my chemistry not mixing well with this. I can see how others are getting a furniture-polish scent from this. Sometimes I almost like it, but not quite. It's okay, though, and I like it better in the shower gel & hand soap since it's not as strong and doesn't linger as much.

on 11/5/2008 3:50:00 PM

The citrus in this lotion balances the ginger remarkably well. Lately, ginger scents have been such a turn-off, but I really like this lotion. The texture is great and so are the moisturizing properties. The glass bottle is a nice change from the norm.

Popular Lotions / Creams