Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy lotion in Orange Ginger

Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy lotion in Orange Ginger

3.8

on 10/24/2003 1:49:00 AM

I mix this one with my lavender vanilla lotion and the scent is divine. I don't like the orange ginger by itself though. If you can mix it with something softer like vanilla or sandalwood then it's still spicy but with a softer base.

on 11/26/2011 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Smells great, and stays a while. Will buy again.

on 10/4/2005 10:55:00 AM

At FIRST I loved the scent but then I got it home and realized that it smells just like FURNITURE POLISH. All I can think of when I put it on is this very heavy polishing creme by Old English that my mother used to use. GROSS.

on 11/23/2003 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I dislike Bath and Body Works products but they always send me those damned coupons I wind up using them and have a stockpile of lotions/creams I have yet to use! I purchased 4 of the Aromatherapy lotions because I really like the bottle -- tall slender glass w/ a thin black pump dispenser but didn't get around to using any until now. Currently in progess is the Orange Ginger scent. I like this as a hand lotion but not a body lotion. For my dry skin, it doesn't do the greatest job of heavy moisturizing but I really like the scent of orange and ginger -- it is spicy and it is strong but the aroma doesn't last long at all. As strong as the scent is, it dissipates w/i literally 5-10 minutes after application. My skin still felt dry afterwards as well. If anything, this would make a nice lotion for a guest bathroom since it's an interesting looking bottle, the pump dispenser makes it more sanitary and everyone who hits your throne will wind up smelling like oranges and ginger instead of god knows what. Not too shabby!

on 5/14/2016 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Pros and cons to this lotion. It is not very hydrating at all but it does not go on greasy and absorbs right into the skin. I love putting this on in the AM right when I get out of the shower and it truly does wake me up. I also have the shampoo which also suds up pretty nicely along with the exfoliant scrub. I just can't get enough of this scent!

on 8/8/2015 8:52:00 PM

I love a good ginger scented product. My favorites are Trader Joe's Ginger Almond Soap, and Origins Ginger hand lotion. I also work with essential oils, so I'm familiar with the therapeutic benefits and scents, and hoping this one would be decent since the ingredients do contain some real oils (Orange is known to be uplifting and ginger empowering).

This Bath & Body Works Orange Ginger lotion is not my favorite. It actually smells like orange and citronella with some ginger and a hint of pine. I believe there might also be some spearmint oil in here, but I don't think it stands out. Unfortunately the orange and citronella overpower the ginger for me. I can see why some people think it smells like Pledge. Once in a while I will buy the hand soap, since I sometimes like the scent when I'm in the mood for some ginger, and the one from Origins, which I like much better, is insanely expensive. Bath & Body Works does have good coupons so it's worth checking out. The lotion itself is light and silky, absorbs well and moisturizes nicely.

on 9/27/2012 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

The Marriott in Times Square used to stock their bathrooms with this product (as of January 2011- more than 18 months ago). I like citrus (Elizabeth Arden Green Tea, Burt's Bees Citrus Facial Cleanser) so this was right up my alley. My makeupalley. HA!

New York in January was cold and slushy. I was in town for a business trip, working long hours at a consulting firm. Coming back to the Marriott, to my own private cocoon, and luxuriating in the posh bathroom with this warm, light, heavenly-smelling lotion, was very relaxing.

Google is not helping me out with the ingredient list, though. I've become more watchful recently, vetting products against the Environmental Working Group's Skin Deep cosmetics database (which is still a work in progress), or just trying to figure out how many dubious molecules are in the formula. Given the scarcity of information out there for this product, I would shy away from buying it.

But I would totally nab it from hotel bathrooms.

on 9/9/2012 7:18:00 AM

Liked it at first, but I agree it smells like a home cleaner.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This lotion has a lovely fresh, energising fragrance, perfect for those early mornings when all you feel like doing is crawling back into bed. The lotion is light and non greasy, is absorbed instantly and leaves skin hydrated and lightly fragranced. Its ideal for the hot tropical city I live in but might not be moisturising enough for a severe, cold and dry winter.

on 10/12/2011 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Absolutely stinks. Smells like furniture polish. Gave me a headache.

Popular Lotions / Creams