Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy lotion in Orange Ginger

Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy lotion in Orange Ginger

3.8

on 12/11/2001 11:22:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

normally i am not a big fan of bath and body works products (they smell too sweet for my taste), but a friend dragged me into the store on a recent shopping trip to smell the orange ginger lotion from the aromatherapy line, and i am now hooked. i bought a bottle that day ($12.00), and plan on going back tomorrow to buy more (for myself and christmas gifts for others). this a wonderful scent for those who tend to like unique, clean scents that are not too sweet.

Wow! This is a new must-have from the Bath & Body line. I am very satisfied and quite impressed with the new Aromatherapy line. The orange ginger is the best smelling. Have you tried this scrub? It smells incredible :)

on 1/2/2003 3:08:00 PM

I really liked this lotion for its very clean, and agreed, not too sweet fragrance, as well as the fact that its in a really handy pump bottle. This was my summer staple, not rich enough for the winter months, but the perfect moisturizer when it is warm outside. I would definitely buy it again. Reasonably priced for a great-smelling product. And I usually am not a fan of the Bath and Body Works products either.

on 1/25/2003 6:40:00 PM

This has a very nice, bright citrusy smell of fresh ripened oranges cut with ginger. The fragance is nice and fresh, however, the energizing body lotion (which I purchased) is not very moisturizing, but I love the brown apothecary-type of bottle and the pump that is on top - very handy! Will use more so in the spring/summertime in place of fragrance when my skin is not as dry.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

My first purchase at this store - it was free with current GWP. Love the ginger smell with the orange. Ginger smells real and not fake. This is a light lotion that is not overly moisturising but looks great in glass bottle with pump. Need to get more!

on 3/11/2003 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This scent is the only BBW aromatherapy scent I liked, but after a while even this one got to me so I had to return it. I am pretty sensitive to fragrance and these are so heavily scented that I find them overpowering. It wasn't very moisturizing, and all those essential oils made me itchy. Not for me, but if you find a fragrance you love, the lasting power is there.

Sometimes I really want my scented lotion to stick with me throughout the day. This is a very strong scent that doesn't fade much as the day goes on. I like the combination of orange and ginger, and I think I do feel more energized when I use it. Good moisturization, bad glass bottle.

It's just your basic lotion, but the smell is FABULOUS! It makes me think of Froot Loops cereal. And I love the pump bottle that it comes in. It makes you think of a prescription type of lotion. I'm definitely re-using the bottle when I run out of lotion. :)

on 10/24/2003 1:49:00 AM

I mix this one with my lavender vanilla lotion and the scent is divine. I don't like the orange ginger by itself though. If you can mix it with something softer like vanilla or sandalwood then it's still spicy but with a softer base.

on 11/23/2003 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I dislike Bath and Body Works products but they always send me those damned coupons I wind up using them and have a stockpile of lotions/creams I have yet to use! I purchased 4 of the Aromatherapy lotions because I really like the bottle -- tall slender glass w/ a thin black pump dispenser but didn't get around to using any until now. Currently in progess is the Orange Ginger scent. I like this as a hand lotion but not a body lotion. For my dry skin, it doesn't do the greatest job of heavy moisturizing but I really like the scent of orange and ginger -- it is spicy and it is strong but the aroma doesn't last long at all. As strong as the scent is, it dissipates w/i literally 5-10 minutes after application. My skin still felt dry afterwards as well. If anything, this would make a nice lotion for a guest bathroom since it's an interesting looking bottle, the pump dispenser makes it more sanitary and everyone who hits your throne will wind up smelling like oranges and ginger instead of god knows what. Not too shabby!

Popular Lotions / Creams