Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy lotion in Orange Ginger

Filtered by age: 25-29
Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy lotion in Orange Ginger

on 9/27/2012 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

The Marriott in Times Square used to stock their bathrooms with this product (as of January 2011- more than 18 months ago). I like citrus (Elizabeth Arden Green Tea, Burt's Bees Citrus Facial Cleanser) so this was right up my alley. My makeupalley. HA!

New York in January was cold and slushy. I was in town for a business trip, working long hours at a consulting firm. Coming back to the Marriott, to my own private cocoon, and luxuriating in the posh bathroom with this warm, light, heavenly-smelling lotion, was very relaxing.

Google is not helping me out with the ingredient list, though. I've become more watchful recently, vetting products against the Environmental Working Group's Skin Deep cosmetics database (which is still a work in progress), or just trying to figure out how many dubious molecules are in the formula. Given the scarcity of information out there for this product, I would shy away from buying it.

But I would totally nab it from hotel bathrooms.

on 10/11/2011 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Like all BBW lotions i do not find this lotion very moisturizing. BBW scents do not last on me however I layer them

I find that the aromatherapy ones last for a long time.
This scent is the only aromatherapy scent I liked.
As the names suggests its gingery and citrus. (more gingery than citrus)
Love it - gives you a blast of freshness without making you smell sweet or very fruity.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

They have these at Marriotts, and I just loooove the scent. I'm partial to citrusy scents, in body lotions and perfumes, so this was right up my alley. It's moisturizing without feeling very greasy, and I might be imagining the aromatherapeutic qualities of this, but it does make me feel good--it makes a great "slather on before bed" kind of lotion. I do get a hint of ginger but for the most part it smells very citrusy.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I first purchased the hand lotion in this scent and liked it so much that I turned right around and bought the lotion and body wash.

This lotion is very light but surprisingly enough it moisturizes very well. I've always been a fan of anything citrusy or orange scented/flavored. I love that it comes in a pretty glass bottle that I can leave on the counter in the bathroom instead of having to toss it under the sink when I'm done. I'll definately repurchase. Layering the bodywash and the lotion really help this scent to last all day.

EDIT: Used this for a couple weeks and ended up taking it back. It just didn't mesh well with my body chemistry..oh well

on 1/26/2009 3:52:00 AM

Great citrus scent. I love the combination of orange and ginger in this product. The lotion is a slightly thicker consistency than the regular BBW body lotions--very moisturizing. I recommend layering this lotion over the body wash. This helps to keep you smelling great longer. And I like the packaging of this product... the glass container and burnt orange color makes it look good enough to set out on my bathroom counter and the pump makes it easy to dispense.

I can definetly smell the orange in this lotion. Surprisingly, I prefer to use this during the fall/winter months. I think it's because I used the sugar scrub of this scent a while ago during that time of year, but also because I need something to energize me when everything outside is so drab : P. This has medium moisture, but smells great.

Skin: Oily, Other, Warm

I love this scent! Very citrusy, great for summer, and it moisturizes nicely and absorbs well into the skin.

It's just your basic lotion, but the smell is FABULOUS! It makes me think of Froot Loops cereal. And I love the pump bottle that it comes in. It makes you think of a prescription type of lotion. I'm definitely re-using the bottle when I run out of lotion. :)

on 3/11/2003 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This scent is the only BBW aromatherapy scent I liked, but after a while even this one got to me so I had to return it. I am pretty sensitive to fragrance and these are so heavily scented that I find them overpowering. It wasn't very moisturizing, and all those essential oils made me itchy. Not for me, but if you find a fragrance you love, the lasting power is there.

on 1/2/2003 3:08:00 PM

I really liked this lotion for its very clean, and agreed, not too sweet fragrance, as well as the fact that its in a really handy pump bottle. This was my summer staple, not rich enough for the winter months, but the perfect moisturizer when it is warm outside. I would definitely buy it again. Reasonably priced for a great-smelling product. And I usually am not a fan of the Bath and Body Works products either.

Popular Lotions / Creams