3.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

9 years ago

This mask is a skin saver! it cleared my occasional blemishes and cut down the oil on my face. I lucked up and bought it for a dollar at a discount cosmetics store but after i ran out and found the regular price I wasn't so quick to buy. Hopefully i'll be able to buy this again.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinCombination, Dark

HairBlack

9 years ago

Awesome product to use as a full mask overnight or as targetet spot treatment. No other mask has ever cleared my skin like this one does. Not only does it suck out impurities and dry out blemishes, it also leaves skin radiant and glowing. Totally recommendable!

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinOther, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesBlue

9 years ago

I found this product at a discount cosmetic and designer store. It was a dollar and I like masks so I got it. At first I didn't see anything too special about it but when it cleared my occasional breakouts like it was nothing, I was hooked.I have a oily t-zone and it also helps with that. I use it as a mask and a spot treatment. This stuff is as goos as gold. Can someone PLEASE find me more for a dollar?

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinOily, Dark, Warm

HairBlack, Kinky, Coarse

10 years ago

I love this mask! I rarely give a five star review, but this product is phenominal. After one application my skin is baby smooth and radiant. I can't believe the difference in the clarity of my skin. It also pulls all the gunk out of my pores and my skin feels wonderfully clean and refreshed. Amazing product and would definetly repurchase.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinDry

EyesBlue

11 years ago

I purchased this after reading reviews on this site. I am very happy with the product after using it for 2 weeks. I saw a difference by the second day of use. I have adult acne as my hormones are going crazy. This is the only product I have found that made such a profound difference within a short time. I only use it as a spot treatment since it does dry out the skin. Then I follow up with a moisturizer and it's fine. My sister said my skin looks a lot smoother.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Other

11 years ago

A friend of mine introduced me to this line of masks and passed along the instructions he got from his facialist. The masks don't seem to work well alone. I bought the Green Flame Papaya Mask and this mask. Here's what I do: I use the Green Flame Papaya Mask first. I use a timer to make sure I don't leave it on for more than 10 minutes. Then I follow with a sulfur mask. (My friend uses another Astara produce, but I couldn't afford to buy three masks.) I have two sulfur masks to choose from: the Proactiv one and the one from Serious Skin Care. I take the sulfur mask off after 10 minutes. Finally, I apply the Blue Flame Mask. I take that off after 10 minutes. Then I moisturize with Emu oil. This routine has made my skin much smoother. I have a terrible blackhead problem and have tried everything to solve it. This routine has worked better than anything. I try to do it once a week. When I'm in a hurry I skip the sulfur mask. (I should also note that I put on a honey mask every other week as well. I should also note that my skin is very, very oily.) When I use the Blue Flame mask alone it doesn't seem to work any better than cheaper drugstore masks. The series seems to be the key.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Tan

2.0

12 years ago

i got samples of this stuff from a spa and it really didn't seem to do much for me. i would probably recommend this for very sensitive skin or for occasional breakouts. its very smooth & easy to apply which i love- but not worth the price for me

About reviewer (14 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinAcne-prone, Tan

HairBrunette

3.0

12 years ago

As much as I like this as a spot treatment for zits, it's not really good for me personally as an all over mask. But I do like it for for those zits you can feel just forming. Keeps them at bay and sometimes they never surface. I think for what it is, it's too expensive for a very small jar and even though I think Astara products are good, I won't rebuy this one because for spot treatment only there are better things. I do have to say if you put this on a popped zit (I know, gross), it will help it heal a heck of alot faster. Put it on, let it dry, rinse off and put some Neosporin on it and in the mornign the spot is almost gone. Just don't pick at it.

About reviewer (352 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairRed, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

from

12 years ago

This product is a 2oz size for $39.00 on skinstore.com. Overall I like the performance of this product as a mask or a spot treatment. It is clay based, so is good at absorbing oil. Additionally, the tea tree, clover, lemon grass, and other botanical oils help combat bacteria, blemishes, and redness. However, every time I use it, I can't help but be reminded of the Tea Tree Oil Face Mask from The Body Shop. I compared ingredients, and both products are kaolin based with a high concentration of tea tree oil. However, this one from Astara has additional clay in bentonite form, as well as more botanical extracts. For my skin type, this simply performs the same as the Tea Tree Mask. I'll stick with the one from The Body Shop for 4.8oz at $14.50. Based on the size and ingredients, I think this Astara mask performs well but is over priced in comparison to similar products.

About reviewer (132 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

2.0
from

12 years ago

I was very disappointed in this product, it did absolutlely nothing for me. It made no difference what so ever in the appearance or texture of my skin. I haven't tried using it as an overnight spot treatment on blemishes because I can't tolerate the smell. To me it smells like dirt.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age36-43