Avene Micellar Lotion Cleanser and Make-Up Remover

Avene  Micellar Lotion Cleanser and Make-Up Remover

3.7

AVENE THERMAL SPRING WATER (AVENE AQUA). PENTYLENE GLYCOL. POLOXAMER 188. BISABOLOL. CETRIMONIUM BROMIDE. DISODIUM EDTA. FRAGRANCE (PARFUM). PEG/PPG-14/4 DIMETHICONE. PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE. PROPYLENE GLYCOL. SODIUM CHLORIDE

on 5/5/2016 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I don't use it as a make-up remover but a bi-daily water-based cleanser and I like it a lot. I use it along with an oil-based cleanser and after a week, I noticed the changes. I'm a teenager, and as everyone, I have acne. Not a lot to call it problematic but enough to make your day a bad one. After a week, the change appeared; using it both morning and afternoon along with a moisturiser reduced my occasional acne to almost rarely acne and, my face was totally hydrated, problem I used to be concerned because my skin was dry. I haven't tried other water-based cleanser, but I like this one a lot. Any rashes or allergic reactions, and like all cleanser, it leaves your skin smooth. It is really watery so it's not a problem to expand it to your face using small portions and it absorbs well. People say the scent is strong, but I don't really see it that strong. The price of the product depends widely on where you're buying it, and I had a 400 mL bottle for 10 euros, so I think it is a good price.

This product does take off non waterproof makeup well, but if it was fragrance free I would rate it better. There is no need to have all these heavy perfumes in this product especially if they claim it for sensitive skin.

To Read all 78 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/8/2016 10:39:00 AM

I don't like that this product has a strong scent. Cleansing ability is alright, gets my makeup off completely but it's can be quite sticky if I wipe and don't rinse with water. Quite expensive compared to other micellar lotions I've tried.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I've tried a number of micellar waters (Simple, Bioderma, Marcelle, Koh Gen Do, La Roche-Posay), and this was definitely the worst. Pick a different one!

PROS
- Cleans the skin and removes makeup as effectively as other micellar waters.

CONS
- Despite being marketed as appropriate for sensitive skin, this product is heavily fragranced...and it doesn't even smell good to me, just soapy and grandmothery. (If that's your thing, more power to you.)
- The fragrance seems to be what caused my sensitive, acneic skin to respond adversely. Redness and dryness are usually HELPED by micellar water, in my experience, not CREATED by it. Not in this case.
- Caused much more stinging in my eyes when removing eye makeup than I have experienced with any other brand of micellar water.
- Micellar water never tastes good if you use it to remove lipstick, but this stuff tastes seriously awful.

I have come to log this product into my lifelong cleaning regime. It's the gentlest makeup remover that is not oily and does not sting my eyes when I have to clean the concealer and eye makeup away. Works well with a cotton pad and cleans mostly everything away.

I also like that it can double up as a cleanser for lazy nights when I needed to crash in bed immediately. Though it won't clean as well as the soapless gel cleanser, but still a pleasant product to use.

This is a very good product, it gives my skin a nice hydrated feeling after using a scrub in the evening. I use the Avene Ystheal Emulsion for combination skin after this, and a concentrated Avene Eluage anti wrinkle serum for the under-eye area. In the morning, I just use the micellar lotion to wipe off the skin, and then comes my Avene hydrating cream. Ready for makeup:)

This is such a lovely civilized way of removing your makeup. This is my first experience using a micellar water product and I can't believe that I've never incorporated this into my daily routine before this. I think of this as an update on cold cream. It effortlessly removes all my makeup, including my waterproof eye liner and mascara without leaving an oily film. My face feels clean and soft after all the makeup and oil has been removed from my face. I follow after with my regular gel cleanser. By using this before I wash my face, I no longer have to scrub as hard and I'm using less product. Avene's micellar lotion is very inexpensive, comes in a really large bottle and is completely odourless. I am definitely re-buying this and keeping this as part of my normal night time routine.

When my skin is irritated, which is often, this is the perfect product. I have very sensitive skin and I find I can no longer use soap and tap water on it as they are too brutal and upset my skin ph.
A friend of mine recommended this, she has eczema which I also suffer from. I find if I use this with the Avene water spray it calms down rashes and after a while your skin can recover and establish its own balance once more.
I have learnt that being gentle with one's skin is far better than putting loads of products on it that disrupt its balance.
If you have oily, tough and resistant skin this might not work for you but if you have fair, sensitive, delicate skin this will really work for you.
It does not remove thick eye make up for that you might need a little extra help for that but it removes foundation and concealer, unless you are really caking it on!!
This is a must have for me.
It is pricey but it really works for those of us who need gentle, caring products for delicate skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

It removes my eye makeup without irritating that area but it works poorly on the rest of my face. I only did a quick test swipe on my oily, makeup-free forehead and my skin reacted and I felt a breakout developing in that area. I'm surprised at how well it works on my eyes in contrast to how poorly it works on the rest of my face.

on 1/28/2015 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Got a sample from Beauty Habit and it's fabulous so I got some. A much better deal than Bobbi Brown Waterproof Makeup Remover, which I have bought numerous times and love too. Nice to have your eye makeup removed so thoroughly that you can feel the clumps of it just slide off. Doesn't leave your skin dry or oiling; just soft and clean. I use with my other cleanser, a Boots No. 7, but might just try using the Avene by itself. Never heard of the brand before I got the sample, and it has quite a history!