Avene Micellar Lotion Cleanser and Make-Up Remover

Avene  Micellar Lotion Cleanser and Make-Up Remover

3.6

AVENE THERMAL SPRING WATER (AVENE AQUA). PENTYLENE GLYCOL. POLOXAMER 188. BISABOLOL. CETRIMONIUM BROMIDE. DISODIUM EDTA. FRAGRANCE (PARFUM). PEG/PPG-14/4 DIMETHICONE. PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE. PROPYLENE GLYCOL. SODIUM CHLORIDE

on 6/11/2017 9:06:00 PM

I'm on my third bottle of this. I bought this by mistake thinking it's a makeup remover but it only works after you washed your face. So wash face, then wet a cotton pad and finish cleaning your face. Or wet face with only water in the morning, then dry and use this with a cotton pad. I need to try other brands but I'm worried because why ruin a good thing?

on 6/11/2017 8:01:00 PM

My face reacted with this product. And it's the first time am experiencing such reactions, my face turned red, very hot all over. I do not recommend this product to anyone as i am a crazy skincare purchaser that I had to buy a refrigerator to keep my skincare products. I ve never got such kind of reactions from other products.

I use it when I only have ss to remove. I think it's really expensive to use a regular, every day cleanser.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

My skin is pretty low-maintenance since going on birth control pills, but it's still quite sensitive and leans towards dry. Other "gentle" cleansers I've used either left my skin parched or failed to remove dirt and makeup. Not this.

Avene is expensive, but holy cow is it magical. A splash of this on a cotton pad has replaced every other cleanser I own, and it removes every trace of makeup, including eyeliner and mascara. And never once have I experienced burning eyes or those annoying bumps you get from rubbing too hard. I am absolutely, 100% devoted to this product.

on 12/26/2016 3:28:00 AM

This is absolutely NOT suitable for sensitive skin. It says "for sensitive skin" and "hypo-allergenic" which is not correct as it contains fragrance. My face reacted with a very red, very hot, uncomfortable rash all over. Okay with removing makeup, but definitely not as good as the Garnier.

Sick of products labelling themselves as hypo-allergenic when they contain fragrance. It's unethical and false advertising. My face hurts :'(

on 12/14/2016 8:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I was happy enough with this product--it cleaned my face, didn't dry it out, and seemed to work well. But then I tried the Bioderma Sensibio version, which clearly worked a lot better (the pores on my nose immediately seemed less clogged).

on 12/10/2016 4:57:00 AM

One word: useless, I only gave two for the sake of the brand name because back in time I was suffering from dryness and itchiness and some of their products helped me a lot.

on 12/7/2016 1:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I got this product in a product sampling box, however like some other users have posted i would definitely not recommend for sensitive skin. It did a great job of removing makeup, but unfortunately immediately after using it my skin started burning and turned bright red. Maybe test patch an area first to be sure you don't have the same reaction.

on 11/9/2016 6:48:00 AM

I'm lazy when it comes to a cleansing routine, so this product is just perfect for me. Cleans, removes make-up, I feel it hydrates my skin also.
Also use it after waxing.

I am going to start off by saying, I love this product. As a first cleanse product, it successfully wipes down a lot of the dirt off of the face, and as a make-up remover, it is effective, yet gentle at the same time. Basically, if you don't wear make-up, this product cleans the face pretty well in terms of dirt, oil and so on. Trust me, you can see it on your cotton pad, it will most likely be brown..or grey. If you do wear make-up, the Micellar Lotion rids cosmetics pretty well too.

I normally wear a layer of BB cream, concealer, foundation and powder, and I find that the Micellar Lotion does a great job in cleaning face-related make-ups. However, it could have some trouble in terms of cleaning stubborn eye make-up such as mascaras and eye liner. Like I've mentioned before, it is a rather gentle make-up remover, so it does have some difficulties in cleaning stubborn make-up, but on a good note, it doesn't irritate the skin at all.

I really like the ingredients of this product as well. Instead of using water, it actually uses Avene's Thermal Spring Water, which is known for calming irritated skin. It also has castor oil in it that can further help heal and calm the skin.

Application:

I bought this product a while back, so it is still the slender bottle package. It looks a bit different now, but you won't miss it on the shelves because it is usually right beside the Avene Thermal Spring Water!

I always pour some of the Micellar Lotion onto a cotton pad to wipe my face. The Micellar Lotion is very water-like, and it does not leave the face feeling greasy at all. I use the Micellar Lotion to remove my make-up immediately after I get home, and then I proceed to wash my face before I shower.

The product claims that it is a no rinse formula, but I wash my face anyway just because it feels cleaner that way. But I guess this is a good product for travel, since there might not be water available when you want to cleanse your make-up (ex: camping).

Conclusion:
Avene's Micellar Lotion is a very gentle make-up remover that is good for removing base make-up such as foundation, BB cream, concealer and etc. However, it needs more help in ridding the more stubborn eye-make-up such as mascaras and eyeliners. It is a nice and basic cleanser for people with sensitive skin, and it is fuss-free since it is a no-rinse formula.

Check out other reviews in full at my blog! http://bombinate-kate.blogspot.ca/