Clean Fresh Laundry EDP

Clean Fresh Laundry EDP

3.6

on 1/8/2016 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I received a sample from Sephora and threw it out after one use. I smelled like I had used too much detergent in my laundry and the soap didn't completely dissolve, then sprayed a bunch of Febreze all over. $75 to smell like laundry detergent? I'm sure this works for some people but not me.

My everyday, go-to fragrance. It is a lovely fresh scent, much like laundry detergent, or just plain clean. It is almost difficult to describe, but when you wear the scent, it is very much there, but not at all obtrusive or even obvious. Yet I find I get more compliments on this scent, especially from men, than I do on any other I wear. Yes, these scents are entirely too expensive, but I love Fresh Laundry so much, it's worth it to me to splurge. I find that I reach for this scent more than any other, and I have quite a collection of fragrances. It very often beats out the Chanels, Ralph Laurens, Kenzos, and Estee Lauders I have in my scent wardrobe. Pricey, but worth it, especially in summer. Highly recommended. I have purchased three bottles of the stuff so far (and I never, ever use up perfume!), so let that speak for itself.

To Read all 56 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

I purchased a clearance-priced Coffret of four CLEAN eau de parfum sprays at 1 oz. each from HSN recently. It was a very nice deal. Amongst the selection is Fresh Laundry, which I had not previously tried. It smells overwhelmingly laundry detergent/fabric softener for my taste. It certainly lingers with strong aldehyde notes and seems quite linear from the top notes to the bottom. If you enjoy that particular sort of scent (laundry det/fabric sof) you'll probably like this. I'm probably going to be using this as a spray for my bathroom hamper basket that contains my dirty laundry. It's just too laundry-ish for me to spray on my personal self. The spray bottle container is the minimalist square shape (with an aqua-blue opaque tint) and a silvertone top.

on 4/4/2013 5:04:00 PM

I bought a bottle of this last week at half the price from a duty free shop. The price at Sephora is a little too steep for me. My opinions for Fresh Laundry is that it smells more soapy..sort of like a fresh out of the shower type of scent. For a scent that is supposed to capture the just out the dryer clean clothes scent,i will say Warm Cotton fits that category.But still,i think FL is a unique scent and i combined it with my WC body souffle and i smell really clean and fresh. :-)

on 12/12/2012 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Got a sample of this. I don't care for it. It smells to me a lot like Bath and Body Works Cotton Blossom and another fragrance oil (fresh cotton or something like that) that I got from Body Shop though I liked that one a bit better for the home. I like the smell of fresh warm laundry but though this product comes very close, for me their is something, some kind of warmth, missing and too much soap in this scent. I find the scent of clean laundry and laundry vents relaxing but this scent makes me feel a little stressed. Instead of warm it smells a bit too clean and sterile. It is not an awful scent but the predominant soap smell bothers me a bit. It also doesn't have good staying power, as others mentioned. I think it would make a better home fragrance. I have not tried spraying it on clothes instead of skin, maybe I should. It smells and behaves like a rather inexpensive fragrance so I was surprised to learn about the steep price tag.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

First, this is ridiculously expensive. This retails for $75.00, and the only reason I purchased it is because I found it on sale for $12.99 at TJ Maxx. I used to wear Clean when it first came out, but it was too soapy and hurt my nose. I could pass up Fresh Laundry at such a good price, so I bought it unsniffed. It's slightly tangy, which disappears in the drydown, and the fresh and clean notes are the ones that linger, along with a slight green note. I really like this fragrance. It sits close to the skin, and is the perfect weekend fragrance for me when I'm running errands and don't want to wear my Chanel or Dior perfumes. It fades after about two hours and disappears after four hours, which for an EDP is inexcusable. I took off two lippies for lack of staying power and high price. However, if I find it again for $12.99, I will repurchase. I would never pay full price for it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

For days when I just want to feel clean, fresh and feminine this is one of the perfumes I reach for. You don't smell perfume-y, you just smell pretty and freshly bathed. I am in love and will be getting the lotion soon.

on 6/11/2011 1:46:00 PM

I was surprised that this was one of the more expensive perfumes out in the market; compared to other bigger European and American brands, Clean was relatively less-known so I was expecting it to cost less. Product-wise however, I was amazed. At the first spray, I thought it smelled like Tide on my skin. I was a bit apprehensive at first since I didn't want to be a walking laundry detergent at work. I took a risk and bought a bottle since the other one (Outdoor Shower Fresh) wasn't working that well on me. As soon as I got home, I sprayed some on and I was pleasantly surprised that it blended well with my body's chemistry. My skin is a bit on the acidic side, so I guess if this scent is supposed to resemble laundry/soap hence be more of a base, then it cancels out any acidic odor on my body :) In my experience the scent actually varies depending on where I spray it. On skin, it smells like laundry soap. blech. On clothes, the scent is lighter and does resemble fresh laundry. On my armpits (hours after I sprayed it with deodorant) i find that it has the most pleasant odor even after I've been sweaty. The scent is most soothing in this area, which I was surprised to discover. Anyway, I'm quite happy since I dont like wearing perfume in general because it tends to be too heavy on my nostrils; I prefer smelling perfume from other people. But with this one, I find that it's not the case. It's mild enough for everyday use at work and it gives me that 'clean' smell I was hoping to achieve. Nothing overpowering. Very subtle. Refreshing, you can actually use it as aromatherapy :) Just wish it was more affordable!

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I'm not into heavy, musky stuff so this fragrance is ideal for me. It's a very fresh, light and clean smell that's not overpowering and I love it! The only thing that I don't like about it is the price. I'm currently using a sample sized version because I think it's almost insane to spend that much money on a fragrance, especially if you're on a budget like me. A real pity because this is the best everyday fragrance I have smelled in years.

on 7/11/2010 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I had high hopes for this product but, although I do love the smell of fresh laundry and this captures it accurately, upon actually wearing the scent I realized it's not something I really want to smell like all day long. I give it a 3 for its success in recreating the scent, but did not keep it.

Popular Fragrances