NARS El Dorado

NARS El Dorado

4.3

on 3/25/2013 7:52:00 PM

I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS! I went to the NARS counter not so long ago, and asked the SA if she could show me eye products that would bring out my dark brown eyes. I told her to do something natural, since I am pretty young, and she used this cream shadow on me and I fell in <3. She said it would give me a "mermaid" look, and it really did! The color brought out the gold in my brown eyes, and made them pop. She paired it with the NARS Larger Than Life eyeliner in Via Appia on the outer corner of my lashline and it looked gorgeous, and really brought out my eyes. I really recommend this cream shadow, especially if you're a little bit tan :) BTW don't put on too much of this, because NARS cream shadows do tend to crease a lot, but if you put on a good primer, and a thin layer of cream shadow you'll be fine!

on 10/5/2011 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I can not live with out this! I take it with me everywhere and wear it every day. The colour is perfect for day or night, and will last until you wash it off. It's great alone, shadow over it, or pat on top of your favorite shadow. The pale gold goes great with any skin tone and eye colour, especially on bronzed skin.

The size is cute and compact, and even though it looks like it might not be a lot and cost too much, but that little shadow will last you for well over a year. As as makeup artist, and beauty junkie, I am telling, this is something every girl needs to have!

on 2/3/2008 4:01:00 AM

This product is versatile and useful. You can use it as a shadow primer, a highlighter, or just as a shadow for a nice glow on a minimal makeup day. You can you a lot or a little for different looks.

However, there is nothing magical about El Dorado. You could buy a drug store brand for a fraction of the cost and achieve the same looks. I feel kind of stupid for buy this.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

OMG. Where to start? This eyeshadow is AMAZING. It really complimented my NC35 skintone. Yes, it is really neutral but then it made my eyes POP. It really enhanced the shape of my eyes and brightened them up.

Re: the creasing, try this. Put foundation on your lids. I use the Santa Fe Non-Oily Foundation from NARS and it stayed there like glue.

Oh and for an even prettier look... dust some of the Key Largo duo on top. It'll give you that bronzey but natural look. LIke you just spent the day on the beach!

I absolutely LOVE this cream eyeshadow. I normally use it as a highlighter, but when you pair it with Too Faced Shadow Insurance, I wear it as an all over color and it's really really pretty. I have pretty big brown eyes and this shade brings out all the golden flecks. I also love how it's buildable. It's a great product.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

its a gorgeous warm golden color, i like it a lot. it goes very well with tempting e/s from mac. the only thing is, it creased really easily on me. which is dissapointing considering the price. but, i will keep trying to keep the creasing under control, because i love the color so much.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Colouring: asain MAC NC25-30

Great for when i am on the go and just want a little sparkle in my eye. It is a lovely sheer wash of gold shimmer that really compliments my skin tone. I love how easy it is to apply and its very buildable so you can increase the intensity if so desired.

My only gripe is that it seems to fade really quick...slids right of my lids and creases. But i do love this as a base for other e/s which makes the staying power much better. Not to mention, this is great for highlighting that inner tearduct to give that nice sparkle.

on 9/4/2005 7:21:00 PM

One of the best gold eyeshadows out there. A bright, shimmery, coppery, gold that looks great with teals and purples especially. I had one NARS cream eyeshadow that I hated (Caricoa), but I am glad I gave this one a chance...El-Dorado is nicely pigmented and goes on easily, drying to a powdery texture that does not fade and creases very little. I love to pair it with Kitty eyeliner, or the South Pacific duo, or Strada eyeshadow and the golden side of the April Fools duo. Very beautiful, useful and versatile shadow...highly recommended!

I do like the color, once I build it up. I once found this cheapy stuff called Tropez cream at Walgreens and the color was perfect. And it was like 2 bucks and didnt crease and stayed on. I was hoping this would be as good, but I really have to try to build it. Also, the flat wide packaging, versus the cheapy stuff's little tub is hard to use with my finger since I have kind of long nails. And to be honest, I dont even know how to apply it. I am used to using my fingers but is there another way??? Okay, I admit, I am a brush spaz!

on 4/18/2007 4:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have NARS' cream e/s in El Dorado (warm gold), Cosmic Girl (pale yellow) and Nomad (shimmery olive green). Love the application, easy blending and the way these colors compliment by MMM skintone. You can use these lightly as an all over sheer color wash or go heavier for more pigment. Either way, it didn't take long for them to crease which is not good considering how much $ they were. I wouldn't mind this price point so much if it had staying power. I want to keep these and make them work for me plus I have my eye on so many other colors but we'll see.