Origins Reinventing The Heel

Filtered by skin type : Combination
No Image

4.2

on 1/17/2014 10:35:00 AM

I bought this from the Origins website, and maybe I got a bad one, but first, mine doesn't smell like peppermint. It smells like burning wood. Not pleasant. Second, it is too thick for the tube, making it very difficult to get the product out. As for the product itself, I have very rough feet that require serious help, and this really doesn't do much. So if you're looking for a solution for bad calluses and rough skin, like I was, go with a product called Baby Foot.

on 9/4/2010 1:10:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is an awesome product that I re-discovered recently while searching for a solution for the dry, cracked skin on my feet. This beats any other moisturizer I've tried for my feet. Plus, it exfoliates and feels cooling and cushy all at the same time! My feet are chronically cracked and scaly due to a skin condition (see below), and it gets especially bad in cold, dry weather and sandals weather. Without exaggeration, my feet go from OMGWTF to sandals-presentable if I use this every night for a few nights.

The Origins web site description reads: "When it feels like you've walked too many miles in your own shoes, heel thyself. This heavy cream soothes your soles with the richness of Rose Fruit and Jojoba Oils. Super-sloughing Salicylic Acid gets rid of pesky rough patches. Softening Shea Butter smoothes cracks to put feet back on easy street. And tingly Menthol provides a refreshing kick. "

Origins advises against using this product on sensitive skin (due to the menthol and the salicylic acid, I guess). However, eczema affects the skin on my right foot and I have not had any problems with this product. As always, your mileage may vary.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

In my opinion, it's the only foot cream out there. I will use this over and over again. You can put it on thick at night with socks or in a thin layer before you put your shoes and socks on to keep your feet soft. Definitely one of my staples.

on 6/2/2006 5:58:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I bought this product because I was desperate to get rid of the unsightly cracks on my feet. Here in the Philippines, we wear sandals and slippers more often than closed shoes, so our feet really do tend to get dry. I was counting on this Origins cream being worth the money, since it was listed as one of Town & Country's 150 Best Beauty Products.

This foot cream is a super thick white formulation, with a heavy minty scent. It cost a bit more than I would have liked... the equivalent of US $20 in Philippine pesos... but I don't regret it. I've wasted a lot of money on other foot creams that are supposed to cure cracked heels and soften calluses, but actually don't work. So I can safely say that this one really does work, and is worth the price. Use it overnight, and you wake up with wonderfully soft feet.

I love the packaging, too... it's beautifully simple, and isn't screaming with words like "50% more FREE!" or "NEW and IMPROVED!" which drugstore brands tend to have. I absolutely hate garish packaging, so I really appreciate the quiet elegance of the Origins packaging. My only gripe is that the plastic twist-on cover on mine is cracked, and now I can't close the tube completely. I'm not actually sure how it happened... maybe someone knocked it over from my nightstand, and it crashed on the floor. Anyhow, this is a great product that nobody with problem feet should be without. HG material! continued >>

on 4/10/2005 6:45:00 AM

A thicker version of 'Step Lively', good for cracked feet. I prefer this to Step Lively because I have really dry feet, it's non oily and yet moisturising. Heavy minty scent. I like using this especially after a pedicure, my feet feels amazingly soft. AU$44 for 150ml. continued >>