Origins Reinventing The Heel

No Image

4.5

on 1/17/2014 10:35:00 AM

I bought this from the Origins website, and maybe I got a bad one, but first, mine doesn't smell like peppermint. It smells like burning wood. Not pleasant. Second, it is too thick for the tube, making it very difficult to get the product out. As for the product itself, I have very rough feet that require serious help, and this really doesn't do much. So if you're looking for a solution for bad calluses and rough skin, like I was, go with a product called Baby Foot.

Another Origins product that left me feeling ho-hum! It does moisturize well, but my feet are always cold, so the menthol or whatever it is in this product makes them feel even colder! Even with socks. Won't repurchase, I'll go back to using the Body Shop's shea butter.

on 4/10/2005 6:45:00 AM

A thicker version of 'Step Lively', good for cracked feet. I prefer this to Step Lively because I have really dry feet, it's non oily and yet moisturising. Heavy minty scent. I like using this especially after a pedicure, my feet feels amazingly soft. AU$44 for 150ml. continued >>

I think I am on my third tube and even gifted it before, so I'm a fan.
It's the best foot creme I have found, I can't believe how much I'm willing to pay for foot lotion, but it really works, smooths away calluses. I usually apply before bed and use not daily, but regularly, and I can notice the difference. It's one of the best Origins products for sure.

on 9/4/2010 1:10:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is an awesome product that I re-discovered recently while searching for a solution for the dry, cracked skin on my feet. This beats any other moisturizer I've tried for my feet. Plus, it exfoliates and feels cooling and cushy all at the same time! My feet are chronically cracked and scaly due to a skin condition (see below), and it gets especially bad in cold, dry weather and sandals weather. Without exaggeration, my feet go from OMGWTF to sandals-presentable if I use this every night for a few nights.

The Origins web site description reads: "When it feels like you've walked too many miles in your own shoes, heel thyself. This heavy cream soothes your soles with the richness of Rose Fruit and Jojoba Oils. Super-sloughing Salicylic Acid gets rid of pesky rough patches. Softening Shea Butter smoothes cracks to put feet back on easy street. And tingly Menthol provides a refreshing kick. "

Origins advises against using this product on sensitive skin (due to the menthol and the salicylic acid, I guess). However, eczema affects the skin on my right foot and I have not had any problems with this product. As always, your mileage may vary.

on 1/26/2010 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

it does what it promises to do. finally something that lives on its claim. it helps with my dry crack heel. and makes my feet feel smoother. the cream is lighter than expect and in such large quantity in one tube. should last for a long long time as you dont need that much. i prefer this than the aveda one and it seems to do so much more. the light peppermint smell is also nice.

Love this product. Although I hate the old fashioned squeezable tube its in. I have been using this product for almost 5 years. I have found a way to have super soft feet thanks to this product! I first put baby oil gel on my feet. Then I grab a pumice stone and use it over the gel on the heels. But not too much, just where I need to. Then I add Reinventing the Heel over my feet. Add socks and go to bed. The best routine ever!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

In my opinion, it's the only foot cream out there. I will use this over and over again. You can put it on thick at night with socks or in a thin layer before you put your shoes and socks on to keep your feet soft. Definitely one of my staples.

I adore this product. I am on my feet a lot, and nothing feels better than rubbing this thick minty moisturizer on my feet after a long day.
It's pricey, but worth it! It is the ONLY foot cream I have ever found with salacylic acid to exfoliate dead skin.

Only foot product I've ever used that worked. Expensive, but worth it. Got rid of calluses and cracked heels within a couple of days. It's very thick, so I use it at night and the other Origins foot cream (Stepping Lively, I think it's called) during the day. Reinventing The Heel does the job of a foot scrub without the scrubbing. Miracle lotion. Would not be without it! (Use it on your elbows too!)

Popular Lotions / Creams