E.L.F. Mechanical Eyelash Curler

Price: $

Eyelash Curler

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This thing performed terribly. Seemed to be misaligned and on close inspection was poorly manufactured. I threw in in the garbage instead of using it a second time.

on 12/29/2015 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Ok, so I bought this product because my friend had recommended it to me and it was a reliable brand. I used it for about a month loving it because it worked well, but then a couple of mornings ago I went to do my daily routine, but chunks of my eyelashes were GONE. I was panicking but I let it go and decided I must have done something. Yesterday I was at a friends house and she had noticed my eyelashes and asked me if I had cut them. So I told her what happend and she asked me what brand I used and of course it was Elf, and then I went home but I got curious if it was the curlers fault so I looked up "why do my lashes look cut" and found a website with the same questions and everyone said, if it's a elf curler they can cut off your lashes. WHAT?! Ever single one of them said elf so I looked at others and every one of them said it was the elf curlers which is what the girl apparently used, sooooo, if you want your eyelashes I would go for another brand. SAVE YOUR LASHES. But what could you expect it was a dollar.

To Read all 739 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

doesn't fit my asian eye shape

I have had good experiences with ELF in general. I feel like these are hit or miss. Some will be decent, and some will be useless. I have purchased a few of these and most of them were not any good. They are prone to crimping your lashes instead of curling them and they seem to be too flat, not curved enough...
This is absolutely 'you get what you pay for' which, for $1 you cannot really be expecting a miracle.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

The elf curlers I've got doesn't come with the bulky handles which is great. It's gets the job done only at a cheaper price.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This works much worse than the old one. I would not recommend it; it just doesn't do the job. A good eyelash curler is a worthwhile investment, and this just isn't it.

on 12/14/2014 6:23:00 PM

I'm in between on this product. It gets the job done and for $1 its great. But the low price cant justify the quality to me. Its a little "sticky" when its being moved up the lashes which leaves them somewhat crimped looking. Im going to invest in a better one next time but probably good for budget consious shoppers. It definitely leaves them looking better than before.

on 10/10/2014 3:24:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

My review is based on the notion "you get what you pay for" and what I paid for this is $1 USD. It does the job but it only curled the inner half of my lashes then I had to figure out a way to maneuver the curler so I could curl the outer half of my lashes to match the curled part of my lashes. That was a very difficult feat in itself, almost impossible to actually do.

Now the reason for my low rating isn't actually because of the fact that I had to curl the inside lashes first then try to curl the outer half after, which made curling my lashes difficult. Oh no, it's because the pad had split (or cracked?) in half after having used this nearly everyday for a month and bought almost a month ago. I actually didn't realize the condition of the pad until I went to wash the pad cause of all the gunk that had built up on it. I had stupidly tried to curl my lashes with mascara on cause I've had quite a difficult time finding a mascara that holds a curl (still looking!) so I decided to curl before mascara and after mascara, how stupid, right? Big mistake, don't do that ladies. Anyways, I decided to wash it cause I had the issue of my lashes being tugged on and then the day I decided to wash it because it had pulled out 3 of my precious lashes! Well that's like 1/4 of my inner lashes lol. Not cool!
As I wash it I see a big thick crack on the pad and then I realize that's probably the culprit of the tugging and losing lashes. I mean when I push the curler down my lashes are most likely getting stuck in the crack.
I thought this had come with extra pads, 2 extras I think, but I can't remember. I can't find the pads, I looked high and low for them but honestly I was done with this piece of crap after today cause today when I used it, determined to use it one last time before I headed out to buy another one, the dang thing pulled out another eyelash! And it didn't curl my lashes, the dang thing crimped them! I swear it knew it was getting replaced with a better model, and being the vindictive POS it is, decided to have the last laugh. Into the trash it went!
Not worth it ladies, spend the extra $5-$10 on something else like Tweezerman, Revlon Or Trim brands.
Oh, and in all fairness the crack could have been caused from my pushing down the curler too hard thus cutting it with the top curler part or it could be a case of cheapness.

Cheap and does the job better than my pricy eyelash curlers!! Will definitely repurchase if it wears out

on 8/8/2014 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I decided to try this after hearing raves about how great it was, especially for $1. I've had good luck with quite a few ELF products. But not this one - unfortunately this just does not work at all for my eye shape.

I have smaller, naturally slightly hooded eyes, almond shaped, very little lid space - and my HG curlers are the Shu, and Shiseido. These work perfectly for my eyes - do not rip out lashes, give a beautiful curl and fit snugly around the curve of my eyes. The ELF is the opposite : it barely curls, and what curl it did make looked bent and unnatural (and yes, I know how to use a curler, I curl gently 3 times working upwards - have been doing this for over a decade), also it makes weird creaking sounds and just feels so cheap in my hand. I also have to press ridiculously hard just to get the curl. Lastly, it pinches my eyelids. It's just uncomfortable and useless. No lie - this is the worst contraption I have ever dared to use in my eye area.

I see it works for many, but for those with my eye shape or smaller eyes - avoid, avoid, avoid. I tossed this after trying it out for a week, and will gladly keep shelling out the money for Shu or Shiseido instead.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools